Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Canon 400if

  1. #1
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts glenbennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    14

    Canon 400if

    I have a canon 400if actually two and I can't seem to find it on my network. I have done all the proper IP settings. I even went into service mode and hit clear then MMI and it wiped out everything and I started all over again. Am I missing something? Both machines. Is there a way to test the network card even DHCP doesn't seem to work although it does hold the static IP. Please help me connect to my laptop. I have a delivery in the morning.

    Thank you,
    Glen Bennett
    Thank You,
    Glen Bennett

  2. #2
    teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Canon 400if

    zoraldinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    4,845
    Rep Power
    100

    Re: Canon 400if

    Go to service mode copier / function / system / fix-ip
    The printer obtains ip 172.16.1.100
    On the laptop, change ip to 172.16.1.101
    You are connected to a printer.

    First upgrade firmware.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself


  3. #3
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts glenbennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Canon 400if

    Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    Go to service mode copier / function / system / fix-ip
    The printer obtains ip 172.16.1.100
    On the laptop, change ip to 172.16.1.101
    You are connected to a printer.

    First upgrade firmware.
    I am in service mode this morning there is no "fix-ip" after I hit system. Also where can I get firmware? Can you please email it to me?

    glenbennett66@gmail.com

    Thank you
    Thank You,
    Glen Bennett

  4. #4
    teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Canon 400if

    zoraldinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    4,845
    Rep Power
    100

    Re: Canon 400if

    Fix ip:

    Other option:

    Turn off printer.
    Turn on while holding 1 and 7

    Upgrade firmware:

    If the printer network has Internet access go to the menu:


    data management / license-other / upgrade firmware
    select the latest version and download
    Once the firmware is downloaded click to install.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself


  5. #5
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts glenbennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Canon 400if

    Quote Originally Posted by zoraldinho View Post
    Fix ip:

    Other option:

    Turn off printer.
    Turn on while holding 1 and 7

    Upgrade firmware:

    If the printer network has Internet access go to the menu:


    data management / license-other / upgrade firmware
    select the latest version and download
    Once the firmware is downloaded click to install.

    Thank you

    I went into data management / license-other there is no upgrade firmware in there. I reset the whole machine to default now my switch box does not have a green light going to my network card. Am I missing something?
    Thank You,
    Glen Bennett

  6. #6
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts glenbennett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Canon 400if

    Quote Originally Posted by glenbennett View Post
    Thank you

    I went into data management / license-other there is no upgrade firmware in there. I reset the whole machine to default now my switch box does not have a green light going to my network card. Am I missing something?

    What firmware should I download?
    Thank You,
    Glen Bennett

  7. #7
    teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Canon 400if

    zoraldinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    4,845
    Rep Power
    100

    Re: Canon 400if

    Quote Originally Posted by glenbennett View Post
    What firmware should I download?
    Also in service mode you have "updater" on the first page
    What firmware should I download?
    The latest of course. They are marked by dates and versions.
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here