Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

TCS500 connection

Hello, hope someone can help me, i got an OCE TCS500 printer en an TCS500 ( TC4 ) scanner ( wide format ) together with an XP computer. This configuration has not been used for 1 year, computer did nothing, power suply was defective so i replaced the power suply, computer is now starting up, missing 2 dll file's and wil not starting the OCE program, its XP embedded so i can't go to the normal XP screen, it's not possible to start up in safety mode and the OCE recovery disk's wil not work, try to log in as oceservice ( administrator ) but no luck.. account had been turnt off, trying hirens boot disk to reset the account, no luck.. get me an other XP computer, downloaded drivers, utilities en other programs from the Canon site but it seems to be inpossible to connect with the printer and the scanner, they are both screaming "connecting to server" I can't find the IP adres for the printer, can't find de device in the network.. I tryed several adresses i found on the internet.. no luck.. trying to log in on the printer to give it an new adres, thats not possible, there is an "only service" login possibility, but it needs a password.. trying A B B A B with the lower key's ( left is A en right is B ) and guess what, no luck.. connect an keyboard directly to the printer to try differend passwords, bud its not working.. can't print out annything becouse no connection to the server.. How can i optain the ip adres from the printer using the printer, or give it an total reset so its visible again an how can i get the scanner to work? ( firewire ) windows did found it but has no drivers and cant find them.. Hope someone can help, thanks in advance, Jan

Technician

Re: TCS500 connection

Is there anyway a possibility to use the tc4 scanner whiteout the dedicated embedded xp controller? I know the older oce scanners are from contex and they worked fine white contex software and drivers, this tc4 does not, is there some way white other brand drivers/software to let it work? Does anyone know ?