Technician

Canon IR-Adv C356i reboot problem

Hi, we have a customer that has a problem with this machine, the problem started with that it could spontaneously start rebooting permanently so it felt like it could be a power issue problem.

We changed the power supply on the machine and it felt like it had solved the issue until it happened again after a few days, it also have started giving a service error code E074-0002 and we changed the ITB for that issue.

The problem still remained and we noticed that the machine usually dropped that code when the machine was not in use (after closing hours) so it still felt like a power issue and we have tried changing the All night power supply unit as well.

It feels like the only thing left to try is now the DC Controller and Main Controller.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Re: Canon IR-Adv C356i reboot problem

Have not seen it with that model but have seen that issue caused by a bad fax board. if it has one disconnect it or swap it out and see if your problem goes away.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by 20 year tech View Post
    Have not seen it with that model but have seen that issue caused by a bad fax board. if it has one disconnect it or swap it out and see if your problem goes away.
    It's not equipped with a FAX unit.

I have the machine next to me and it started rebooting again, what i noticed is that when it started the reboots were frequent with about a seconds delay to get longer for each try until after about 4min it booted completely, i filmed it when it behaved that way, gonna upload it and show it when it's ready.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts 20 year tech's Avatar

Oh well so much for my fax board idea. If you haven't already done so first check the outlet, after that re-seat all the connectors on the main controller and DCON than reload system software, for what its worth my best guess is the main controller is bad, please let us know what fixes it.Good Luck