Thread: Canon IR C5535

Canon IR C5535

Is there any settings which will make premature OPC fail on Canon C5535. I have cite with 20 printers, the OEM OPC's fail before stated yield. Some of them fail after 70k and some after 300k. I wonder, is there any settings which can cause this. Maybe bigger charge on OPC or similar.
    Looking fail OPC, it is clear that wiper blade is dirty and he will not clan OPC so the user will see lines on print test. It is easy to fix but it is strange that just after 70k I need to repair or replace OPC. They are not cheap.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Canon IR C5535

Re: Canon IR C5535

Quote Originally Posted by Drivee View Post
    Is there any settings which will make premature OPC fail on Canon C5535. I have cite with 20 printers, the OEM OPC's fail before stated yield. Some of them fail after 70k and some after 300k. I wonder, is there any settings which can cause this. Maybe bigger charge on OPC or similar.
    Looking fail OPC, it is clear that wiper blade is dirty and he will not clan OPC so the user will see lines on print test. It is easy to fix but it is strange that just after 70k I need to repair or replace OPC. They are not cheap.
    In my opinion, the performance of the drum depends on various factors such as the paper, the environment, stress from use, the cleaning blade itself can damage it. The expected duration target is not always achieved even on other models. Unless there is a tech bulletin correcting the pcu cleaning system.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IR C5535

Quote Originally Posted by Drivee View Post

It's all about % of toner coverage on paper.

In color products, when u go over 8% coverage on LTR size paper, and exceed monthly volume, your printer maintenance starts to break down, even more when u use third party products.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Canon IR C5535

There is an old style drum that has been updated by Canon since this devices initial release. The primary charging rollers were failing and falling apart causing these drums to fail early. The old ones were were a black foam material and the new ones white and I have had very few issues with the updated drum units.
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Canon IR C5535

If the drums wearing out are the updated style then finding out what they are printing and toner coverage is going to be important for the dealer. It warrants an increase in price of the maintenance agreement/ click charges.

I don't know, why dealer still selling them. It caused a lot a problems on cite.