Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: IRADV C5051 Color Spots

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    If the drum(s) aren't ' burned or etched ' more than likely there is glue on the drums and belt from running cheap labels.
    You can clean it off with a soft cloth and IPA.
    Just don't scrub hard or use a scrubby pad.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I put a used ITB unit, developer and drum in the machine (all for the cyan) and that got rid of cyan spots.
    I tried cleaning the belt and the drum that I had removed as you suggested and made sure there wasn't anything going on
    with the developer but the spots did not go away with those parts reinstalled. The belt and the developers were long past due for being changed. Gave an estimate and the customer is going to upgrade.
    I have had a couple machines where labels got stuck to the itb and I was able to remove them and clean off the adhesive.
    The drums we get for those machines are not the genuine drums but I have never had that kind of problem occur.

Still not sure why the black wasn't effected. Thanks for you suggestions!!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IRADV C5051 Color Spots

Re: IRADV C5051 Color Spots

Quote Originally Posted by RHodg57 View Post
    I put a used ITB unit, developer and drum in the machine (all for the cyan) and that got rid of cyan spots.
    I tried cleaning the belt and the drum that I had removed as you suggested and made sure there wasn't anything going on
    with the developer but the spots did not go away with those parts reinstalled. The belt and the developers were long past due for being changed. Gave an estimate and the customer is going to upgrade.
    I have had a couple machines where labels got stuck to the itb and I was able to remove them and clean off the adhesive.
    The drums we get for those machines are not the genuine drums but I have never had that kind of problem occur.

Still not sure why the black wasn't effected. Thanks for you suggestions!!
    Sounds like the development unit ( being out of life ) could be the issue.
    But I am leaning more towards the non oem drums.
    Do the have coronas or pcr?
    If pcr clean it with NuFinish.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk