Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

What is the latest fimrware version for iR-ADV C5560

I've asked our vendor to upgrade our iR-ADV C5560 MFPs however he claims that they are already on the latest version and there is nothing new from Canon.
    When I looked at the service management page I see the following that leave me to question that answer.

• The java version seems very old (2016) "Java Virtual Machine 1.8.0-internal ( 25.71-b00 ) "
    • The copyright at bottom right says 2015
    • Some of the system application installation date is 04/26/2017 "DSL Installer Service, SMS Installer Service, Service Management Service"

Is this MFP really patched with latest firmware available or has it been abandoned by Canon for 5+ years?
    The vendor apparently did patch the "Access Token Provider" and "Cloud Connection Agent" and "MomClient" so I'm wondering why the rest was left out. Laziness or incompetence?
    When going to "Register/Update Software" the copier return "Error Code: [82024206]" which might explain why our vendor is not patching some of the system.
    See attached screenshot

Thanks

canonmfp.jpgcanonerror.jpg

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: What is the latest fimrware version for iR-ADV C5560

Quote Originally Posted by printdummy View Post
    I've asked our vendor to upgrade our iR-ADV C5560 MFPs however he claims that they are already on the latest version and there is nothing new from Canon.
    When I looked at the service management page I see the following that leave me to question that answer.

• The java version seems very old (2016) "Java Virtual Machine 1.8.0-internal ( 25.71-b00 ) "
    • Some of the system application installation date is 04/26/2017 "DSL Installer Service, SMS Installer Service, Service Management Service"

Is this MFP really patched with latest firmware available or has it been abandoned by Canon for 5+ years?
    The vendor apparently did patch the "Access Token Provider" and "Cloud Connection Agent" and "MomClient" so I'm wondering why the rest was left out. Laziness or incompetence?
    When going to "Register/Update Software" the copier return "Error Code: [82024206]" which might explain why our vendor is not patching some of the system.
    See attached screenshot

Thanks

Hi,

See attached for the the latest version for the iR-ADV C5560 (v61.23)

We can supply this if required.

IRA C5560s (V3.10) MN-CONT v61.23.pdf
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by printdummy View Post

See attached screenshot

Thanks

It could be that is the most recent release of JAVA. JAVA is not updated that often as doing so also requires updating any JAVA apps that are being used. If you are not using any JAVA apps you can turn JAVA off. Often the machine will run better without it enabled when not needed.

2015 most like is the original copyright date for the first production firmware/software. Since updates are not full rewrites of the entire system, the copyright date does not change.

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts

Latest: 68.22
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself