Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 4545i

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    4545i

4545i

Can someone tell me if the SSW is the same on the 4545i and the 4545i iii? Thanks

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    4545i

Re: 4545i

Another question. I had a couple C5030 hdd lying here. I was thinking I could swap them in and format them / load software through the usb. It seems to mostly go through the update, then gets a e753. I’ve done that before but maybe it wasn’t out of a C5030. I’m guessing it’s not compatible. Tried in two machines. Both do the same thing (e753) after updating , then on reboot, only halfway loading and stays there.

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

e753 is normal, that is because an option isn't installed so it couldn't install that part of the firmware. If HDD doesn't fix your startup process, then main controller 1 may be bad
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    4545i

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    e753 is normal, that is because an option isn't installed so it couldn't install that part of the firmware. If HDD doesn't fix your startup process, then main controller 1 may be bad
    so the e753 should clear on reboot?

Also Noticed the drive I’m using is 80gb. The standard for the 4545 is 250gb. Maybe that’s the issue. Can’t fully load the software????

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    4545i

Ok so here is where I am......I have tried two HDD from a C5035 (Only 80GB). I am using the flash drive with SSW loaded.

Start with 2&8 download mode. It detects the USB. It gives the normal message of:

"cannot execute download system firmware in HDD error. Execute HDD format if download system firmware begins. Press any key"

I press a key and on the next page chose "hd format all"
    I choose the version to install from the jump drive. Its downloads the file from the jump drive and says I can remove the memory media. It goes through the upgrading process. After some time, it gives the E753 Error. Says to turn main power off/on. turn off /on...progress bar goes a quarter of the way and stays there indefinitely. reboot again. same thing. Remove the HDD and reboot, same thing, No E602 code.

I picked up 2 machines from the wholesaler. Both machines are doing the same thing after trying to upgrade.

I installed a 160gb hdd I had laying there. Granted, it could be faulty, but the same process happens with it.

These 4545 come factory with 250GB standard. Could it be that its doing this because the drive is less than 250GB???????

Thoughts??

teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    4545i

1. with the 5030 disc will not work on the 45 series.
    2. the 45 and 45 lll series do not have the same firmware
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself

Engineer senior 100+ Posts giogi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by copicatt View Post
    Can someone tell me if the SSW is the same on the 4545i and the 4545i iii? Thanks
    NO IT is different
    "Knowledge is a source, but unfortunately ignorance is a sea."

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    4545i

Ok, so I replaced with the correct HDD and both took the software. I'm an idiot. The drives I had weren't compatible evidently. Just wanted to update. Note to self for the future.