Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts afterhours's Avatar

Canon ImagePress C700

Hello everyone. Thank you in advanced for any help you can provide.

I am a Konica Minolta Tech. A customer of mine recently inherited the Canon Imagepress C700. It has turned out to be an excellent machine. Ive been able to do the maintenance and repairs with relative ease thanks to the service manuals. Recently I've ran into a problem that I'm having trouble with. The colors are blurred due to color registration issues. When I try to run auto color mismatch it always fails. Every once in a while I get an error code I'm sorry, I do not have the code with me, but following the manual, the error was for the ps20 on the registration patch assembly. I replaced the assembly but still am having the same issue. I wanted to run halftone test prints and got as far as following the manuals instructions...

1) Set the copy count, paper size, and pickup mode (single-sided or double-sided).
    2) Make the following selections in service mode: COPIER > TEST > PG.
    3) Enter the appropriate TYPE No. using the keypad, and press the OK key.
    4) Set the density using DENS-Y/M/C/K (valid only if TYPE=5).
    5) Set the image mode by TXPH
    6) Press the start key.

Which did nothing. I must be missing something obvious.

Please help me any way you can. I will be tremendously grateful.
    Im a Loser Baby!!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Canon ImagePress C700

Re: Canon ImagePress C700

I've had the exact problem on a C7260 which is similar print engine. Check the color drums to see if they are past their life. Replacing them will most likely solve your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rspicer View Post
    I've had the exact problem on a C7260 which is similar print engine. Check the color drums to see if they are past their life. Replacing them will most likely solve your problem.

Do you know how I can run the halftone test prints? That might help me figure out which drum is the problem.
    Im a Loser Baby!!!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Canon ImagePress C700

The halftone test won't tell you which drum is not registering properly, try a PG-10. The instructions you wrote out look correct, who knows why it won't print the test. Maybe you need a Canon tech.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Canon ImagePress C700

Remove the patch sensor unit, open the shutter and clean the sensors. You have to remove black drum and transfer assembly but follow the service manual and it's not so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bobburnsreb View Post
    Remove the patch sensor unit, open the shutter and clean the sensors. You have to remove black drum and transfer assembly but follow the service manual and it's not so bad.

Thank you. I did that and then replaced the whole patch assembly. I think running halftones because if there is something wrong with a drum unit I will be able to see. But for the life of me I cant get one to run. This machine doesnt have a scanner. Its only a printer. Does paper have to be preloaded? I know this is asking a lot, but I know I'm missing something. Could you walk me step by step on running halftones? I followed the manual except for step one. I have no way of selecting how many copies from the machine. When I press start nothing happens.
    Im a Loser Baby!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Canon ImagePress C700

If it's the drum it will be out on the edge where the patch reads. In order to see that you will have to run a 12X18 sheet to see the image at the rear 12 inch edge. You can select single color from the op panel and do a sky shot of individual colors to see what the patch sensor is seeing. If you don't want a complete 12X18 sky shot put a legal size paper in the center of the copy glass.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

the PG-PICK number will be the tray selected, ie: 1= cassette 1, must have paper loaded for the test to run.
    most likely the ITB belt is worn causing the color registration to fail.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hello my friend,

First clean the patch and registration sensors in the patch sensor assembly at the top right of the ITB.

Perform Auto-Correct Color Mismatch , if still fails then test PG For all Colors if any drum is damaged at the side then its most likely a drum issue . Large paper size ( 33cm Width)

Else it is an ITB issue , no other cause for this problem.

For the time being you can restart the printer early at the morning until the colors are registered and then you can print without any problem

Best Regards

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by afterhours View Post
    Hello everyone. Thank you in advanced for any help you can provide.

I am a Konica Minolta Tech. A customer of mine recently inherited the Canon Imagepress C700. It has turned out to be an excellent machine. Ive been able to do the maintenance and repairs with relative ease thanks to the service manuals. Recently I've ran into a problem that I'm having trouble with. The colors are blurred due to color registration issues. When I try to run auto color mismatch it always fails. Every once in a while I get an error code I'm sorry, I do not have the code with me, but following the manual, the error was for the ps20 on the registration patch assembly. I replaced the assembly but still am having the same issue. I wanted to run halftone test prints and got as far as following the manuals instructions...

1) Set the copy count, paper size, and pickup mode (single-sided or double-sided).
    2) Make the following selections in service mode: COPIER > TEST > PG.
    3) Enter the appropriate TYPE No. using the keypad, and press the OK key.
    4) Set the density using DENS-Y/M/C/K (valid only if TYPE=5).
    5) Set the image mode by TXPH
    6) Press the start key.

Which did nothing. I must be missing something obvious.

Please help me any way you can. I will be tremendously grateful.
    Hi
    service the transfer belt assembly and the patch sensors
    and do your test again. my Clue should be enough for you , just be careful while doing that