Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IRA6055 Line on prints

IRA6055 Line on prints

See attached. Happens on prints and copies. I changed the primary corona, ETB assembly, ETB cleaning assembly. I swapped with another machine the entire drum carriage with the drum in itTest.pdf, the pre transfer corona, and the dv unit. Also cleaned the laser and the slit glass above the drum. Stopped copier with print on etb belt and line is there. What bothers me is that it's edge to edge even thru the void area. Trying to attach with no luck. Test pdf is in paragraph
    Last edited by Brian8506; 12-29-2022 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Additional info

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: IRA6055 Line on prints

I would suggest you change the laser unit coz for your pdf even the test print shows the line.

IRA6055 Line on prints

That’s the test I ran but on the test the line goes all the way to the edge. The scan created a void area. Thinking either laser or main controller 2 but I’m not one to be so quick to change a board.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

Print internal test page on ledger size paper from both the bypass and other tray and see the result. Is the line perfectly straight. From the pdf you posted it's hard to tell, meaning is it coming from laser, board or some other means.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

IRA6055 Line on prints

Good thought. I’ll try it. Line can seem to have a little wiggle but it’s hard to tell. That would make me lean toward laser.

Is the line appearing on the same position all the time or is at random places ?, and is it only 1 line or more. The Ledger prints should say something about that, i would think. Run a few of the ledger prints, about 8 or so, not just 1. New year fun.
    THE ONLY THING FOR EVIL TO TRIUMPH IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING..........edmund burke

IRA6055 Line on prints

One line. Same place all the time. If I can get ledger paper. I will test it but I could probably get the same results from legal. Law office and they don't use ledger. Probably won't get to test until Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    One line. Same place all the time. If I can get ledger paper. I will test it but I could probably get the same results from legal. Law office and they don't use ledger. Probably won't get to test until Tuesday.

You said the line was on the etb belt. Did you replace the etb belt cleaning blade ?. The lsu unlikely would not repeat the line on the exact position all the time. Take the cleaning blade from the other machine and swap it and see. I think the problem maybe mechanical.
    The fuser and the rest would all have to be ruled out if the line is showing on the etb belt. Also check the contacts of the etb belt.

IRA6055 Line on prints

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    You said the line was on the etb belt. Did you replace the etb belt cleaning blade ?. The lsu unlikely would not repeat the line on the exact position all the time. Take the cleaning blade from the other machine and swap it and see. I think the problem maybe mechanical.
    The fuser and the rest would all have to be ruled out if the line is showing on the etb belt. Also check the contacts of the etb belt.
    Line is on the page when I stop it with copy on the belt. Entire ETB assembly and ETB cleaning assembly replaced including blade. Everything mechanical that I can think of has been swapped or replaced. I can adjust quality and line will fade away but then copies are too light.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian8506 View Post
    Line is on the page when I stop it with copy on the belt. Entire ETB assembly and ETB cleaning assembly replaced including blade. Everything mechanical that I can think of has been swapped or replaced. I can adjust quality and line will fade away but then copies are too light.
    Wow. Mystery. Just thought of something. If you can, put a piece of paper of some kind of tape about halfway on hte laser glass . Then, in theory , you should only get print on half of the page, and the line should only be halfway if it is the lase writing that line, which I doubt it is. But anything is possible. Let us know when you solve it.
    Is that line solid and straight, like a normal print. Take a loupe and compare it with a normal print. Also, try a print from a usb stick, pdf file..

When the going gets tough, the tough gets going......