Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Track Document

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Track Document

Good evening all bro here.Recently i had customer ask me a question ..He ask about can he track or see what is his employee had print out from our canon copier machine or is there any software he can install to monitor employee print document.Because recently he accidentally saw on of his employee print out a confidential document and left it at the copier machine.As i know when we send print job to the copier machine . The file will be deleted right??There nothing wrong with the copier machine.I need all bro to help me how to solve this problem.Is there any software can manage when a user send a print job to copier in the same time can send to a print server without the noticed of the user??Sorry long story hope you all not fall as sleep when reading my story.Appreciate all the canon tech who has reading this...Thanks

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Track Document

Re: Track Document

If it were a Kyocera you could set up the data capture software, and collect print data for all print jobs. There are drawbacks though. The CF card would fill multiple times a day and have to be switched out. And you would have to resend the print data to print to view the documents.

Not sure what options you have with Canon. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    If it were a Kyocera you could set up the data capture software, and collect print data for all print jobs. There are drawbacks though. The CF card would fill multiple times a day and have to be switched out. And you would have to resend the print data to print to view the documents.

Not sure what options you have with Canon. =^..^=
    canon had a software call Therefore the problem is my copier is a recond machine and this software is only can be used with brand new machine and much more expensive

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Uniflow has job accounting which can monitor jobs from all users but its expensive
    In the job log under system monitor it will show the last 20 - 25 print jobs amount of prints and which user

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THUK View Post
    Uniflow has job accounting which can monitor jobs from all users but its expensive
    In the job log under system monitor it will show the last 20 - 25 print jobs amount of prints and which user
    But as i know uniflow can only track usage of each user it cannot view document that user had print

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by kstan268 View Post
    But as i know uniflow can only track usage of each user it cannot view document that user had print
    Uniflow can track document properties actually - I also have a site where we capture all scans and where they are sent from and to for data compliance

These sites use uniFLOW on prem.

Another way is install ULM on machine - ULM can also capture CPCA logs from the Canon and track "document name / what was sent and the username"

Many solutions to this question

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shawncrowther View Post
    Uniflow can track document properties actually - I also have a site where we capture all scans and where they are sent from and to for data compliance

These sites use uniFLOW on prem.

Another way is install ULM on machine - ULM can also capture CPCA logs from the Canon and track "document name / what was sent and the username"

Many solutions to this question
    First of all many thanks to your suggestion and idea.But where i from canon marketing cannot simply sell their product to anyone else.I must go through a local authorized dealer to make a request before purchased any product from canon.The problem i faced here is when the appoint authorized sale representative find out your are not a dealer from canon and your are selling a recondition copier they will immediate reject your request.I had no way to find uniflow,ULM or any produt from canon becouse of this unless i start become a dealer and sell Brand New canon copier but this is too costly i just a small businessman running a small business ..The best choice for e is finding a third party software that no need to go through my copier machine ..Do you had any third party software to recommend??