Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    devnulltech

Cannon IR5000 Brand new issues

Brand New IR5000 that we acquired from a friend who never used it and its no longer under warranty. The IR5000 has 69 Pages printed on it, we added a new bottle of toner and nothing prints on the page. Is there anything we should do? Is there some special lever or switch that enables the toner to hit the printing unit?

Also there are no errors displayed on the copier. Its brand new.

Thanks

Continue to run Blank pages. Maybe a few hundred. The dev is probably empty and running blanks will eventually allow the dev to get toner.

devnulltech
    200 Blank Pages and no copies yet. I have a extra part. It looks like the toner drops down in to this mechanisim and this feeds it out. But nothing seems to be out of place in the copier. It has a roller on it.

Are they totallly blank? Did you add the correct toner? What does the extra part look like? how big is it?

Does the scan lamp illuminate?

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    I would stop running copies. Sounds like your "spare part" might be your developing unit. You'll need a screwdriver. open the upper left door where the bypass tray is. Take out the four screws holding in the metal plate.The developing unit goes there. If there is somethng missing about the size of you're spare part slide it in with the roller facing in. You'll probably have to vacuum some toner up first. There should be a plug hanging off the left side as you slide it in. You'll see where it goes.

I hope I didn't "assume" the obvious which was the dev was installed. My apologies if you now have a mess.

Good call 20 yr and I'm waiting anxiously for a reply!

devnulltech
    My DEV was installed.

Open the front door and on the right side there should be one screw holding a small cover on. Remove screw and check to make sure the connector is plugged in. It is the connector that runs the toner motor on the part that you added the toner into.

The machine will indicate whether the hopper is connected or not. If your not a tech thats fine. Did you check the developer since you said its installed, it should have toner. If it doesn't seem like it has any try installing the toner thru service mode *2&8* (*Additional Functions)Copier>Function>Install>toner. There are other things to check out, but Im not sure if you are a tech. Otherwise if you continue to have this problem, call a canon dealer have someone check it out.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts d7guitar's Avatar

Run toner-s

Get into service mode/ function/ toner-s/ hilite and press OK.
    This will load up your dev unit with toner. Worth a try!
    After all is said and done, More is said than done.