Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ir3300 twain scanner driver

Hello,

how i can get the twain scanner driver for the ir3300?
    What program i can use to use this scanner?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by petrus View Post
    Hello,

how i can get the twain scanner driver for the ir3300?
    What program i can use to use this scanner?

Thanks.
    Programs you can use are, adobe acrobat, photoshop, microsoft word,etc

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Actually i cannot use my ir3300 as a scanner now.how to set the mfc ir3300 as a scanner?

You must have the network scangear tool installed on your computer then hit the scan tab and put the device online. Open up any of the apps that i mention before, if you have any of them. You can use word for now. Go to the insert tab in word, look for picture or scanner. When you have the driver installed you will see the network scangear. The copier must have a IP address set up. Give me a email address, I think i have one of the drivers around there.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Actually i cannot use my ir3300 as a scanner now.how to set the mfc ir3300 as a scanner?
    Step 1. Is your copier networked (that is, is there a NIC aka ethernet port on the right side of the copier) Yes: Proceed to step 2. No: Get Network Kit C1 and install it, update system software to N version and configure IP address etc.

Step 2. Download Canon Network ScanGear Tool. Don't get Colour version as IR3300 only does B/W. Set it up to use your copier. Available at Canon U.S.A., Inc. Drivers & Downloads Device Management Software

I use v 2.21 http://downloads.canon.com/cpr/softw...NWSG_v2.21.exe

This software is publicly available with no password, which makes sense because to use it you have to have a copier with the right accessories attached and correct firmware installed on the machine.

Step 3. Set up scanning software e.g. Adobe Acrobat to use Network ScanGear Tool.

Step 4. When you want to scan press Options button (Blue button to right of Copy, Fax and Mailbox button). The button may be called something else but it's the one on the far right of the four buttons. Press Online on the display.

Step 5. Go back to computer and scan using scanning software

Step 6. Go back to copier, collect document, press offline on the display and press the Copy key so that the copier's ready for people to photocopy again.

Let us know if you have any problems with any of these steps.
    Last edited by bnmand; 06-23-2009 at 06:51 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    thank bnmand for your promt reply.
    I will try now and tell you the result.

regard,
    petrus

thank bnmand for your promt reply.
    I will try now and tell you the result.

regard,
    petrus
    Good.

Elaborating on one point: I believe Adobe Acrobat is the best program to use. The downside is the cost.

Using Adobe Acrobat 9 Standard/Professional (it doesn't matter which so get Standard if you don't need Pro features and wish to get Adobe Acrobat) it will make the document a pdf straight away (rather than needing to use CutePDF or something similar to print to a PDF), perform OCR, rotate pages (using OCR can detect if individual page is landscape or portrait), tries to straighten the page and if you select Hide Scanner's Native Interface it will scan e.g. 50 pages and then once the last page has been scanned and only then prompt for more pages.

The ScanGear software settings will need to configured for each Windows user on each computer. I use a .bat script that merges .reg files and get it to run on each login so that the settings are loaded automatically (saves time and effort if configuring for multiple users).
    In Windows XP the relevant registry keys are

Canon Network ScanGear Tool
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Canon\Network ScanGear]

Adobe Acrobat 9 (if you use it)
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\9.0\Scan]

To get these keys once you've configured scanning to work how you like, go into
    Start > Run > regedit

Select the Key and right click and select export. Save it where you want.

Then in your script type e.g.
    regedit /s "\\server\scanning\networkscangear.reg"

Make the appropriate corrections for the name of the file and the network location

If doing this you should make your script check to ensure that the relevant software is installed before changing the registry. You can do this by checking if the default installation directory exists: e.g. if you use Acrobat 9 you can use the following (all on one line):

IF EXIST "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 9.0\" IF EXIST "%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files\Canon\Network ScanGear" cmd /c "\\server\scanning\networkscangear.bat"

Make the appropriate corrections for the name of the file and the network location.

Note: if you have more than one scanner using Network ScanGear you may wish to create extra scripts to make it easier for the computer illiterate to change which one they use.

If you go down this route you need to be careful as a software update such as Adobe Acrobat v9 to v10 or a newer version of Canon Network Scangear may change what is in the parts of the registry I refer to above or use a different part of the registry for its settings.

A networked IR3300 (if firmware is installed properly) should also be able to print so if you haven't set it up to print already you may want to get the latest PCL5e drivers from Canon. See Canon U.S.A: Support

You can print through the parallel port if you have a n boot rom installed and n firmware installed, but scanning must be done over a network and thus requires the NIC (ethernet port) being installed. Most copiers with a N boot rom should have a NIC as well
    Last edited by bnmand; 06-23-2009 at 01:54 PM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    thanks 4 all of your help and suggestion.

finally I am using the desktopbinder for this scanner.
    U can try it.

thanks.

Good to hear it's working for you.