Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Fuse value on S1 finisher board

Any one have any idea what the fuse ratings are for the fuses on a S1 finisher control board that goes on the 2270/3025 series IR's? In particular, I am interested in fuse 3.

Thanks

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    will have a look for you tomorrow.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    it's a thru-hole fuse. FU3 on board says 2.5A.

Hope this helps.

Service Manager 100+ Posts CanonHPTech's Avatar
    I hope you are only planning on replacing fuse on board, after problem is solved? From experience, these fuses blow usually because of the tray cable in the rear that runs all the way under the tray. The cable can become pinched/damaged but is not visable even to trained eye. Some times it can be because it was run incorrectly, as in installing second finisher tray. I've even had one where I swapped out board and machine ran for almost a year, but blew the fuse again. Had a new install where it had the second tray and blew the fuse after about three days of use. The symptom is the same. Bad signal makes tray motor drive up continously and bends the L shaped limit bracket and then blows fuse to protect motor. There is an updated part number out for cable. Just plan on a little bit of time replacing since it is same cable that plugs into all motors and sensors for the tray. Has to be run in a maze under finisher tray. Good luck.
    The glass maybe half full, but less is more...
    Printer + Fax + Copier = Jack Of Many Trades,
    but Master Of None
    Color Copier = Not A Color Printer
    InkJet MFP = Not A Fax Machine
    B/W Copier = Not A Press
    Finisher = Deal Closer (salesman, not accessory)
    Copier Tech = Admin's Stress Ball (Scapegoat)

Senior Tech 250+ Posts alex@wocltd.com's Avatar
    does anyone know where to source these fuses? at present i take them off dead boards.....

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    True. Especially with that second tray. The loom so has to go under the plastic nacelle. I've also seen issues with the limit sensors.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanonHPTech View Post
    I hope you are only planning on replacing fuse on board, after problem is solved? From experience, these fuses blow usually because of the tray cable in the rear that runs all the way under the tray. The cable can become pinched/damaged but is not visable even to trained eye. Some times it can be because it was run incorrectly, as in installing second finisher tray. I've even had one where I swapped out board and machine ran for almost a year, but blew the fuse again. Had a new install where it had the second tray and blew the fuse after about three days of use. The symptom is the same. Bad signal makes tray motor drive up continously and bends the L shaped limit bracket and then blows fuse to protect motor. There is an updated part number out for cable. Just plan on a little bit of time replacing since it is same cable that plugs into all motors and sensors for the tray. Has to be run in a maze under finisher tray. Good luck.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Most electrical component suppliers should be able to provide. As I don't know where in the world you are, I can't help with any suggestions.

I take it that you have a great deal of experience with circuit board alterations?

Quote Originally Posted by alex@wocltd.com View Post
    does anyone know where to source these fuses? at present i take them off dead boards.....

Senior Tech 250+ Posts alex@wocltd.com's Avatar
    i'm just down the road from you reside in watford based out of slough - but i cant find (to be honest only really looked at maplins) anyone who supplys those parts...

started work for pentax ALWAYS doing Component repair down to board level

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    In that case have you looked in the RS catologue? CPC and Rapid also come to mind. They were the main suppliers that the company worked for, used. Generally I look up in the RS then buy from Rapid.
    Last edited by andym; 08-11-2009 at 06:58 AM.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Thanks. Looks like a pico type fuse, but I did not know the value.

I plan on only changing the fuse as I have had several blow out with the mentioned bent bracket. Put in a new board and it works fine. I have yet to go back to a machine that blew that fuse to later replace the cable, although I have had to replace cables before as well, so I am familiar with both issues. On top of that, I have very few machines with double trays. (Top tray cable goes out quite a bit on double tray installations from what I have heard). I just don't see the point of ordering boards when it is easy to verify what is wrong with the board and I can change the fuse out in a few minutes.

There is an electronics store that probably has what I need locally. I used to work on another type of machine that would blow a fuse like that all the time back in the day and the techs just carried a tube of those around. Probably fix the issue 90% of the time and was a benefit to the customer in terms of no downtime and saved the company some money.