Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Exclamation Remote UI is not opening

Dear All,

I have one more copier machine, model no is Canon iR2016N. The problem is that, if I want to access this machine through my Internet Explorer "Remote UI" to get all details of users and all managed details, the Remote UI is not opening. Also I tried to reset the system setting with doing *28* and reconfigured everything. But still the problem is there. I am not able to view all data, becuase of Remote UI is not opening. All configured details are as below.
    Details: -
    Copier IP: - 192.168.15.250
    SM: - 255.255.255.0
    GW: - 192.168.15.254
    Pri DNS: - 192.168.15.6
    Sec DNS: - 192.168.50.6
    Host: - L1Xerox
    Domain: - CGL.CO.IN

I would request to all of you to reply me on this thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Pramod..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Remote UI is not opening

reintall firmware

Technician

Exclamation

Dear Davidj7,

Thanks for your valuable reply.
    I would request you to suggest me that how to reinstall Firmware in Canon iR2016N copier machine.

I am waiting for your reply.

Thanks

Pramod

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Remote UI is not opening

call some one who has the firmware and pay him

Technician

Exclamation

Hello friends,

Someone pls help me in this regards. I tried to find out the firmaware for this issue. but still I have not got any solutaion.

Please please help me.

simple question do you have the rui function turn on ,in additional function-system settings-remote ui on/off? rui won't work if this is off.let me know more if this does not work ok?maybe i can help

Technician

Exclamation

hi bigredone,

thanx for your reply.
    RUI is already on. Some one is saying that Firmware has to be updated. But i m not able to find anywher firmware for this machine.
    Pls reply.

Thanks in Adnavnce

mjarbar
    The problem you have may be due to Windows rather than the machine, I have found on some computers that the 'Data Execution Prevention' setting locks out the RUI in Internet Explorer.

You can try to see if this is the case by the following:

1. Go to control Panel
    2. System
    3. Advance Tab
    4. Performance Options
    5. 'Data Execution Prevention'
    6. Select - 'Turn ON DEP for all programs except those I select'
    7. Add (this will open a pop up window that will allow you to select a program.)
    8. Find 'ieexplore' in Program files > Internet Explorer
    9. Select OK or Open (This will add internet explorer to a list with a tick box next to it)
    10. Select Apply then OK.

Now retry the RUI, it is worth remembering however that this may cause the computer in question to come under attack from certain viruses and malware so always ensure the virus protection is up to date and the firewall, if there is one, is properly set. Also check you have a version of Java runtime enviroment from Sun Microsystems installed and up to date on the computer, as the RUI uses this to interface with the computer.

Best of luck

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjarbar View Post
    The problem you have may be due to Windows rather than the machine, I have found on some computers that the 'Data Execution Prevention' setting locks out the RUI in Internet Explorer.

You can try to see if this is the case by the following:

1. Go to control Panel
    2. System
    3. Advance Tab
    4. Performance Options
    5. 'Data Execution Prevention'
    6. Select - 'Turn ON DEP for all programs except those I select'
    7. Add (this will open a pop up window that will allow you to select a program.)
    8. Find 'ieexplore' in Program files > Internet Explorer
    9. Select OK or Open (This will add internet explorer to a list with a tick box next to it)
    10. Select Apply then OK.

Now retry the RUI, it is worth remembering however that this may cause the computer in question to come under attack from certain viruses and malware so always ensure the virus protection is up to date and the firewall, if there is one, is properly set. Also check you have a version of Java runtime enviroment from Sun Microsystems installed and up to date on the computer, as the RUI uses this to interface with the computer.

Best of luck
    Good point, Mjarbar!

(One minor note - in step 8- the executable for Internet Explorer is "iexplore.exe, not "ieexplore.exe")

Everybody always wants to point (or give ) a finger at the MFP, while there is a good chance that the problem is PC related.

What I like to do is keep a clean VM (or Microsoft Virtual PC) session on my notebook with minimal software installed, and basically all permissions wide open.

Even if it gets hit with a virus, bogus registry entries, etc... once you close the session down and not save it any changes made to it are gone.

This is also a good way to test out trial editions of software without gunking up your PC, especially handy for troubleshooting customer printing and scanning issues.
    Last edited by KenB; 01-04-2010 at 03:47 AM.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Technician

Exclamation

Dear All Friends,

Thanks for your valuable replies.
    But I am not able to do it as you said in "Data Execution Prevention" as the same option is hide in System Properties. I am attaching the snapshot of the same for your reference. please find the attachment.

Dear Friends, Pls pls pls pls help me to sort out this problem.

Plese to reply.

Pramod
    Attached Images Attached Images