Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Technician
    As for the driver go to this link to and down load the second item. After you open the .exe file you will find an uninstall utility. This should remove all the Canon related driver info. Then you can do the install via the setup and choose your driver.
    I tried that link and downloaded it the second item in the list from the top which is this one :

( PCL5e-c_6_v8.70_v6.70_Setup.exe ) but I could not find uninstall utility ,,,,,Am I doing the right thing as you suggested ?

Thanks

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    When you run the exe file an option for type of installation to do should be uninstall.

Technician
    When you run the exe file an option for type of installation to do should be uninstall.
    This is what I have got when I run the exe file do I need to proceed further with the Wizard ? Is this the right exe am I using ?

Imageshack - setupwizardforcanonprin

As you may notice in the attached snapshot there is no option for " Uninstall "

Thanks

Technician
    Dear All

I could not get hold of a Canon authorized dealer as you know theses days are Christmas days.

Meanwhile what I did I uninstalled the driver for the printer as suggested
    It is the best uninstall utility I have found. It removes registry entries
    Then I installed the new driver
    As for the driver go to this link to and down load the second item.
    Then I pushed the new driver to all workstations

I have done that remotely via VPN (I would assume that should not be different from being on a client site physically ,,,,should it ?)

After updating the driver the client called me and told me that an error light flashing on the printer, panel screen displayed job id it was 8920 (I was able to see that as well from the job status web page of the printer).

While I was with him at phone, I tested the ping display web interface of the printer http://192.1680.126

They were working.

I asked him to switch off the printer wait one minute and then switch it on again still same error light is flashing

Do u think updating the printer driver caused this problem ?

Thanks
    Last edited by zillah; 12-26-2009 at 12:04 AM.

You've said earlier that the issue was sporadic yes?
    That the users could print one minute and not the next?
    Rebooting the MFD would have been coincidental IMO...just one of those things.
    As I stated earlier...in my experience with iR3300's and users inability to print the firmware upgrade has always fixed it.
    Make sure that you follow through with the firmware upgrade...regardless of whether it's printing now or not.

Technician
    As I stated earlier...in my experience with iR3300's and users inability to print the firmware upgrade has always fixed it.
    For sure that will be taken in consideration.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zillah View Post
    This is what I have got when I run the exe file do I need to proceed further with the Wizard ? Is this the right exe am I using ?

Imageshack - setupwizardforcanonprin

As you may notice in the attached snapshot there is no option for " Uninstall "

Thanks
    Once a driver is installed using the "Setup" utility, it will create a program group on your start menu to be able to uninstall the driver.

If you install PCL, PS, and UFR drivers, you will get an option to uninstall each.

IMHO, though, I feel that the Kyocera Mita uninstall utility is still the best way to completely remove a driver of nearly, if not any brand of printer.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Technician
    For sure that will be taken in consideration.
    Today I called the technician and he told me that it would cost $93 for a technician to be onsite and then an extra cost for a troubleshooting afterthat.
    And when I spoke to the client he told me ,let me think and he will let me know.

Meanwhile what I did,I checked the firmware version

One thing that could be good is if you could check what version of firmware is installed under Copier > Display > Version in Service Mode. You could check in particular MN-CONT, BOOT-ROM and PS/PCL.
    MN-CONT 45.01

BOOT-ROM 22.44N

PS/PCL 30.06

Are those most updated one ?

Thanks

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts
    Network printer Canon IR3300 stops working frequently

Quote Originally Posted by zillah View Post
    Today I called the technician and he told me that it would cost $93 for a technician to be onsite and then an extra cost for a troubleshooting afterthat.
    And when I spoke to the client he told me ,let me think and he will let me know.

Meanwhile what I did,I checked the firmware version

MN-CONT 45.01

BOOT-ROM 22.44N

PS/PCL 30.06

Are those most updated one ?

Thanks
    That's the latest.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Technician
    That's the latest.
    I see