Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Technician

Network printer Canon IR3300 stops working frequently

Hi Experts

I have got a client who has a Canon IR3300 network printer shared on a server 2003 (AD environment)

I shared the printer (it has a static ip address 192.168.0.126)

There are 7 client (means 7 workstations windows XP SP3 ) , all of them can print (yes they can print without any problem) without any problem.

All of the sudden next day when they try to print a message pops up (I can not recall an exact phrase for the message) that printer cannot print check printer driver or connectivity or a printer is powder on ,,,,I forgot what the exact word of the error message

What I use to do, if I ask the user to log off and log on again or restart a PC he/she can print .I do not why !!!!!

I disabled a firewall on all PCs (although firewall has configured for File and Printer Sharing Exception).

When the printer does not print still I can ping the printer and display web page of the printer by from all workstations http://192.168.0.126

Services > Printer Spooler is running automatically

When a domain user can not print and if I check the printer properties ( right click )

Code:
    Printer properties cannot be displayed. The print spooler service is not running

But if a user domain can printer then there is no such an error message as above

What type of troubleshot should I carry out to solve this issue ?

I have been in this situation for 2 weeks and it is really embarrassing every day I receive a call the printer is not working.

Thanks

It sounds to me as though you are the IT consultant for this company yes?
    The firmware of the copier needs to be updated...this can only be done by a technician so the company will need to contact an authorized dealer to organize this.
    You've done everything you can do from reading your post and I've had firmware upgrades fix issues like this before on the 2200/3300 series.

Technician
    The firmware of the copier needs to be updated...this can only be done by
    Good shot Oze, I had not thought about that I will give a try and see how it will go

Appreciate your prompt reply.

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Upgrade the 3300 firmware to v45.01N (that's the version for the system). The firmware works very well. I know people who use this with XP SP3 with no networking issues.

If you know how to do this yourself, when updating the firmware be sure to update everything you have installed and only what you have installed i.e. don't install fax if you don't have the fax option in the machine. If not all firmware is on the latest version they may not talk properly with each other.

Technician
    If you know how to do this yourself
    I have upgraded a firmware for HP All In One Network printer L7590,,,,I would assume Canon IR 3300 is same ,,,,,isn't it ?

Is there any other considerations I have to be aware of it ??

I also will try to install the driver for the printer , but I have got confused which one to choose from the list

Canon U.S.A: Support

Then I found this

V6.35
    Canon iR3300 drivers for Windows Server 2003

V8.35
    Canon iR3300 PCL5e/5c Printer Driver v.8.35 download for Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003
    Last edited by zillah; 12-22-2009 at 02:59 PM.

Technician
    If you know how to do this yourself
    this can only be done by a technician so the company will need to contact an authorized dealer to organize this.
    By looking at the link below it seems to me it is not straightforward

Canon IR3300 Hard Disk Error e602 - 003

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Not straightforward, but possible. Probably best to call a technician to do the update. You need the SST, firmware, a computer preferably running XP that has a parallel port and a IEEE1284 aka bicentronic parallel cable. The cable you can get easily, but the others you can't. The tech should have the necessary software etc.

One thing that could be good is if you could check what version of firmware is installed under Copier > Display > Version in Service Mode. You could check in particular MN-CONT, BOOT-ROM and PS/PCL.

Technician
    One thing that could be good is if you could check what version of firmware is installed under Copier > Display > Version in Service Mode. You could check in particular MN-CONT, BOOT-ROM and PS/PCL.
    I will do that.

Thanks

Technician
    Although I am going to call the authorized dealer for firmware upgrading but I am looking to uninstall the driver and install fresh copy from internte.

Could u please advise how to install driver completely (no leftover in the registry) ?

I found this link via google but it did not help me out

Deleting Printer driver

JFD

Check the server

Zillah,
    From your original post you say that you get an error about the spooler on the server. I would look at the logs for that is the most likely problem.

As for the driver go to this link to and down load the second item. After you open the .exe file you will find an uninstall utility. This should remove all the Canon related driver info. Then you can do the install via the setup and choose your driver.

One other thing to check after you load the driver. In the PORTS setting, uncheck the "SNMP Status Enabled" box.

Full link if needed Canon U.S.A: Support