Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    imagePROGRAF L Printer Service Tool (Ver. 1.40)_ New

Thumbs up imagePROGRAF L Printer Service Tool (Ver. 1.40)_ New

imagePROGRAF L Printer Service Tool (Ver. 1.40)

Now Available on Large Format Printer Homepage on Canon e-Support -
    When a problem occurs on the printer and an error code is displayed, effectively disabling the printer, the printer cannot be flashed with firmware using the traditional methods. The L Printer Service Tool allows you to "bypass" the error condition which allows you to update the printer firmware. This L Printer Service Tool also allows you to retrieve Status Print and Print Inf files, which also allows you to better evaluate certain problems.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

robotnz1

L Printer Service tool DL site please ;-)

I have tried to find this DL on Canon U.S. site, Canon E support?? Do you have to register? I can't see how I could get through this from NZ. Any chance of posting a copy of this somewhere for the newbies overseas to DL?

Needed to upgrade firmware on iPF5000.

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by robotnz1 View Post
    I have tried to find this DL on Canon U.S. site, Canon E support?? Do you have to register? I can't see how I could get through this from NZ. Any chance of posting a copy of this somewhere for the newbies overseas to DL?

Needed to upgrade firmware on iPF5000.

Ken

check your PM

robotnz1
    cheers,

So is the 'L Printer Service Tool' an update of Canon's low level firmware upgrade tool used for the Canon w7200/7250 printers? Or is it only for the iPF machines? I had the Canon tech use this following recently on one of my 7200's - Supplementary 7200 service update 'QJF-12E-02010_Troubleshooting Procedures for Firmware Upgrades', the PDF file / via acrobat prof conversion to rtf /says this:
    SUBJECT Troubleshooting Procedures for Firmware Upgrades

1. DETAILS
    We are presenting these troubleshooting procedures in the event that the firmware upgrade is not performed properly due to a power outage or other cause when using the Firmware Upgrade Tool (CNWFUT01.exe).
    There are three troubleshooting procedures separated into two cases based on the display message after the power is turned on again when a problem occurs.
    a. When the controller stops operating after displaying "Initializing...." (4 periods):
    Download the firmware again.

b. When the controller stops operating before displaying "Initializing... " (3 periods):
    b-1. Recover using the Firmware Recovery Tool: AY3-4207-000 (com_fut.exe).
    b-2. Replace the system controller, and then download the latest firmware again.

*The following are uploaded to QISS:
    - Firmware Recovery Tool
    QISS Ref.No. RQ-T01-J50-720004-00
    AY3-4207-000: Firmware Recovery Tool: com_fut exe

- Firmware for “Firmware Recovery Tool”
    QISS Ref.No. RQ-T01-J50-720005-00
    AY3-4208-000: SYSTEM FIRMVer200 hex"

I have been trying to get hold of this tool and firmware, as my other 7200 has a faulty power supply and has now corrupted its base firmware stopping at initialising with no periods after. This was where the other one was when the Canon tech recovered it. The SYSTEM FIRMVer200 hex is a smaller file than the hex version of the std FW. Since I tried to write the hex version of the std file using a null modem cable, but the file was too large and stopped before the end. The Canon tech used the com_fut with its firmware and then over-wrote it again with the std firmware via usb - as stated in the update PDF. The printer then started and ran perfect.

So I would like to get hold of:

Firmware Recovery Tool

All help appreciated :-)

I have all the Canon service update PDF's for 7200/7250 - if anyone wants them PM me. ;-)

regards Ken
    Last edited by robotnz1; 07-25-2010 at 03:53 PM. Reason: additional text

New Version of L Printer Tool Version 1.40 (Revised)
    ALL iPF Series and W Series Large Format Printers

Supported OS:
    All Microsoft versions including Vista
    Non-Supported OS:
    All Mac including Mac Leopard

This is what the TOOL is for>>>
    When a problem on the printer occurs and an error code is displayed, effectively disabling the printer, this
    service tool allows you to bypass the error and aid in troubleshooting. Under the above conditions, the
    printer becomes disabled and cannot be flashed with firmware using the traditional methods. The L Printer
    Tool allows you to “bypass” the error condition which allows you to update the printer with firmware. This
    L Printer Tool also allows you to retrieve Status Print and Print Inf files which also allows you to better
    evaluate certain problems.

Supported Products:
    Canon ImagePROGRAF W8400Pg
    Canon ImagePROGRAF W6400Pg
    Canon ImagePROGRAF W8400Dye
    Canon ImagePROGRAF W6400Dye
    ImagePROGRAF iPF500/510
    ImagePROGRAF iPF5000/5100
    ImagePROGRAF iPF600/610/6100/6200/6000S/605
    ImagePROGRAF iPF700/710/720
    ImagePROGRAF iPF9000/8000/8100/9000S/8000S
    ImagePROGRAF iPF810/820
    ImagePROGRAF iPF650/655/750/755
    W2200
    W2200S
    BIJ1350D LIPS/1350 LIPS/1350D PCL/1350 PCL
    BIJ2350 LIPS/BIJ2350 PCL
    BIJ1300/BIJ2300

Link below has it all for

LARGE FORMAT PRINTERS

Canon in South & Southeast Asia

robotnz1

Canon w7200/7250 require com_fut.exe if 'initialise' finishes without 4 periods after

cheers,

L Printer Service tool does not support Canon w7200/7250 which requires com_fut.exe and its firmware, as previous post.

L Printer Service tool - works great on iPDF5000 :-)

*The following are uploaded to QISS:
    - Firmware Recovery Tool

PLEASE!!

;-)

havelburger

L Printer Tool Version 1.40

@teckat

Hello

Cant find this L Printer Tool Version 1.40

Can you help me

Thank you

robotnz1

Still needed - Canon Firmware for Firmware Recovery Tool SYSTEM FIRMVer200 hex

Hi,

Every time the Canon tech reloads recovery firmware it takes him an hour and a half and with call out fee and GST it costs NZD300.

With faulty power supplies in these older machines it is so easy to screw up the root firmware. So I need to get it from somewhere - please help anybody with access to it.

I have got the recovery tool but then they reneged on the recovery firmware being release - so I am pretty pissed at Canon!

regards from NZ :-)

Technician

Re: imagePROGRAF L Printer Service Tool (Ver. 1.40)_ New and COM_FUT exe tool

Hello,
    I have read this message about.

I purchased a new head and wanted to change the head and therefore had first to update the Firmware as described within the manual of the new head for the W7200. Since that moment the printer is like death.
    Turn it on and "initialising" with no periods is showing up and nothing else anymore possible even after one day waiting. I also did hook up a HyperTerminal on the serial port where I was able to read on starting up the following;
    RAM check OK, Attached TCP/IP interface to dp Unit 0, Attaching interface lo0.. done, Adding 1572888 symbols for standalone. And here it seems to get stocked.

I called Canon here in Switzerland and they told me to contact a company ESAG which is doing the service for this printer. After a few calls the technician told me that I had to replace the main controller board about 2'600CHF (almost more than a new printer). I explained about the fact that there should be a way to recharge the firmware thought the serial port with specific software. He told me that he never had seen a serial port on these W7200 printers. (That is the technician from ESAG, who is responsible for Canon CH business products)

I tried to get a hold of some other support from Canon Germany, Austria and from Switzerland. The other countries referred me back to canon CH and canon CH back to the company ESAG.

I’m willing to pay for help, but not the price of a new printer and on top for a firmware upgrade which had to be done before installing a new print head. In your message you are stating about Com_fut tool from canon in your place. Is there maybe anyway you could help me or maybe if possible get me your contact person or technician by canon?

Does anybody has some news about this Com_fut tool? What is it and how or where to get it it. Is a canon specific tool or is it alo in use for other products?

I hope somebody out there is able to give me some help concerning this issue and looking forward to hear respectively read from you.

Many thanks in advance
    Mannix