Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: IR3235 Canon

Man About Town 250+ Posts CanonSco's Avatar
    Unplug the accessories , ADF,Finisher,bottom cassettes etc.

If no change then its gotta be looking at your DC voltages.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    IR3235 Canon

Quote Originally Posted by Atta View Post
    The AC socket outlet is okay, because I have ir1600 Copier on the same outlet i did the jumper thing but didn't work, what is next ?

thanks

You have two image Runners plugged into same outlet/ that is a no no / if u are listing your machine location (Ghana) correct/ that means u have both 240v machines in a 220/240 V 5A @ 50 Hertz / that's not including any accessories /your pulling too many amps for both/ they should be on individual dedicated outlets
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician
    I mean as this ir3235 is not working i've put ir1600 to replace it so i can work on the faulty one (ir3235),I said that because you mention the socket outlet. Well i did some test this morning i tried the main borad on ir3225 it behave the same the main power light can on but the system didn't make any sound or warm up so i'm suspecting the main board, Let know your mind from what i've just told you.
    Thanks.

IR3235 Canon

Technician
    Hey mate wait till I get a new board so we can afford to Wow........... together, I will move the main board from the ir3225 and try it on the ir3235 to see how it will respond .. well we are making a head way cheers, will let you know the out come okay.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    I had a problem a couple of months back with an iR3225, similar symptoms to what you describe. I found that the 3 volt line from all night power supply was present, so I had to replace the main controller. This did resolve my issue. Good luck with yours...

Technician
    But I am finding it difficult to get the part number for my faulty board, How you know I can find it on the board or do you know where I can get the service manual to check, Thanks hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

IR3235 Canon

Quote Originally Posted by Atta View Post
    But I am finding it difficult to get the part number for my faulty board, How you know I can find it on the board or do you know where I can get the service manual to check, Thanks hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers

***Just remembered this Canon fix- from 11/09
    The following changes occur when upgrading the System of the imageRUNNER 3225/ 3230/ 3235/ 3245
    copiers from v35.06 to v36.01:
    Modification of an error where a blank LCD display occurs upon switching ON the
    main power.

**what is your firmware ver./ look on your data sheet or RUI

A new thought>>>
    ***That standby light should not come on when u power up machine/if that light is on , your machine is locked in sleep mode/ have u removed panel to check if button is stuck or jammed down on inside button switch

MFP_StandBy..jpg

**Just to mention/ If u have a stuck key on your control panel/ it can cause symptoms like a panel to freeze up with no LCD light/printer will not turn on/ and other issues !!

**Do u have an external Keyboard plugged in USB on 3225 printer/ if so, a bad or stuck key on it will also prevent boot up/??

FM4-1245-000= MAIN CONTROLLER PCB ASSEMBLY=

iR3225 Series
    (25ppm)
    Last edited by teckat; 07-08-2010 at 11:18 PM.

Technician
    Nice ideas, I've not done any upgrade on the copier(ir3235 canon) the display panel is s okay.Now when you put it ON the main power light comes on but the system don't warmup or startup, you don't hear any sound nor movement of the parts as it does anything you put the system ON.
    Please the system is ir3235. Do you think I shuld go ahead and change the main board? I want to be sure of it before i will the company to buy it.

thanks .........
    let me hear from you soon.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    IR3235 Canon

Just a quick one to try. I had the exact same problem the other day. Try removing one or both of the RAM chips (DIMM Memory) from the back of the machine and try booting it up again.