Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    caalger

IR2200 - Network Print issues

I have recently tried to connect an IR2200 to the network to make up for the catastrophic failure of another printing device we had (may it rest in peace...). I have no issues getting the network addressing done and it communicating on the network. I am able to ping, it is able to ping, I am able to see it from a client and install drivers, I can send print jobs and it logs the jobs...

... but nothing prints out.

The status of the job is "OK" in the log, but there is no output at all. I have reset the MMI per another thread that I found, but that didn't help (other than to teach me about service mode and how to remove department IDs).

Can anyone offer advice on another place to look or setting to check? I'm at my wit's end.

Thanks!

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Check the version of bootrom, if it ends with a C, then it does not have the print function installed, it needs the N type to print.

caalger
    It does have the N.

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    The easiest way to check for network print function is Additional Functions-> Report Settings-> Printer
    If you don't have printing capability you won't see Printer as an option.
    If you do have printing capability you will see what PDL languages you have under the Printer.

Since you mentioned dept ID's and the job log shows "OK", the feature to "print jobs with unknown ID's" might be disabled.
    Look in Additional functions-> System settings-> Dept ID management. Make sure ID mode is off if you don't need it and accept jobs with unknown ID's is set to "on".

I don't mean to cover old ground but with all Canon's you have to cycle power with the main switch on the right rear side for the settings to take effect. And there is a 60 second delay on power up for any network traffic.

ESA
    It sounds like you don't have the pcl or ps loaded on. You need the sst tool to load them and verify the 2200n boot rom is truly in the back as mentioned.

I had the same problem with a ir5000. Could not find anything that was not set right. Tried for half a day to get it to print. Finally I did a MMI clear and reset up IP and now it prints fine.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by caalger View Post
    It does have the N.
    The imageRUNNER 2200/2800/3300 did not come configured for network printing. To enable network printing, both
    the Network Multi-PDL Printer Kit-C1 and the latest version of System Software for imageRUNNER
    2200N/2800N/3300N must be installed.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Also make sure the the firmware for the N boot rom is loaded on the device. Someone could have put the N boot rom in and not the firmware. This would cause you issues trying to print. There should be a spot in service mode under copier>version for the PS/PCL version. If you have dashes there then the firmware is not loaded.

Other possibilities are IP conflict, printing to the mailbox instead of the print queue
    Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

Re: IR2200 - Network Print issues

Quote Originally Posted by caalger View Post
    I have recently tried to connect an IR2200 to the network to make up for the catastrophic failure of another printing device we had (may it rest in peace...). I have no issues getting the network addressing done and it communicating on the network. I am able to ping, it is able to ping, I am able to see it from a client and install drivers, I can send print jobs and it logs the jobs...

... but nothing prints out.

The status of the job is "OK" in the log, but there is no output at all. I have reset the MMI per another thread that I found, but that didn't help (other than to teach me about service mode and how to remove department IDs).

Can anyone offer advice on another place to look or setting to check? I'm at my wit's end.

Thanks!
    did you find a solution ? I have the same problem