Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician 250+ Posts

Common NIC between models?

Plan to call Canon later this morning when I have time to sit on hold, but patience is for vultures.

I am trying to figure out if the NIC itself is common between some of the Mid/High models (specificly the iR7105 and iR9070). I know the print kits are different - but I suspect that is just because the ROM is different and the NIC may be the same. Yes - No - ????

I will try Canon later as they have that parts cross-reference thing, just trying to avoid the hassle. Plan is to buy the right kit, but custommer has a "right now" need (are there any other kind?).

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

The 7105 does not have a nic card. These ports are embedded into the main controller on most current models.
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by costd View Post
    Plan to call Canon later this morning when I have time to sit on hold, but patience is for vultures.

I am trying to figure out if the NIC itself is common between some of the Mid/High models (specificly the iR7105 and iR9070). I know the print kits are different - but I suspect that is just because the ROM is different and the NIC may be the same. Yes - No - ????

I will try Canon later as they have that parts cross-reference thing, just trying to avoid the hassle. Plan is to buy the right kit, but custommer has a "right now" need (are there any other kind?).

what kit are u looking for ?
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician 250+ Posts
    DOH!!!! You are right Screwtape. I stood on my head and saw it. Just replaced the Boot ROM. I could have avoided the embarrasment if I just RTFM (as in the installation guide).

East Coast Imaging 2,500+ Posts

Don't sweat it.

What are you trying to do?
    Canon Copier Repair Service. Sales, Parts & Toner. NYC/NJ area. Contact:East Coast Imaging Solutions,LLC