Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Waste toner reuse?

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    It's really difficult to maintain a courteous and professional demeanor with someone who continually mocks our professions and our industry as a whole - not to mention the digs he throws at Canon in nearly every post.

Although I will give him credit for not attacking any of us personally, just how do those types of inane rants rank as being professional? They don't!

We all have our limits as to just how much BS we can stand. As for me, I reached mine about 30 of his posts ago.
    And yet you STILL respond to his posts!

End User 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpd@businessprints.net View Post
    ah Hell no! I didn't realize that. You don't knock the Can-Man...seriously they have been one of my favs for well over a decade.
    Canon may be better for really big machines, I don't know, but compare a machine like the Canon MF8350Cdn to the HP Color Laserjet CM2320 (which are the same physical printer, in fact I use the HP CM2320 cartridges in my Canon as they are much cheaper and the only difference being the company logo sticker on them).

There's simply no comparison, the Canon is an absolute joke compared to the HP:
    -Canon has a 99 page PRINT limit (when printing from a PC, not when making photocopies) which is absurd
    -The scanner doesn't do double sided scanning, this is ridiculous on an $800 machine, especially when small home canon inkjet copiers at 1/4 the price do double sided scanning, I'm not aware of any HP with an ADF that doesn't do double sided scanning
    -The LCD display menus are very UN user friendly, instead of giving options names that name sense like "Reduce paper curl" on the HP, this same option is called "Special Mode P" on the Canon, so of course you need to pull out the manual and search through it until you find that "Special Mode P" is the "Reduce paper curl" option, this is one of many examples
    -Many things are impossible to understand, on the HP to send a fax you simply type in the number and press send color or send black. On the Canon, even following the directions exactly, I never managed to send a fax, I gave up after 5 tries and sent it with my HP inkjet
    -Canon doesn't care at all about their customers, there have been several user complaints for firmware/driver updates and Canon after over a year has not released any updates at all. In the same time, HP has released many updates to both drivers and firmware address their customers needs.
    -On the Canon, if I want to print on glossy/different paper, on top of obviously putting the paper in, I need to configure the paper type on the machine itself (you can't choose it in the print settings on the PC) which takes many steps, and then when done printing I need to reconfigure it all back to how it was. With HP, if I want to print one job on different paper, I just choose it in the print settings and the settings will be applied only for as long as I'm on the same print job and then revert to the default paper type.

So you simply can't deny that for these smaller machines, Canon is an absolute joke and HP is miles ahead on every single aspect from features to support.

End User 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    Just how many print shops are willing to go through the steps that you do to get your costs so low?

Time is money. Try calculating all the time you spend on your tricks, and multiply that by the hourly wage you would have to pay someone to do that for you and factor that into the mix. Then figure in what it would take to train them to do so.

If you're a one-man shop, put that time spent up against other things that you could be doing that would be more profitable.
    I don't want to argue but what I do saves times, the mod to my inkjet is a 30 minute thing to do. Then I only have to replace the ink bottles every 50 000 prints, which is only every few months for me and takes about 30 seconds. If I printed much more, I could easily use 2 liter bottles (100 000 prints) or 1 gallon bottles (200 000 prints).

You can also get compatible extremely cheap (the cartridges in the HP business inkjets are simply ink tanks, the printer has a built in CIS) but I prefer my bigger bottles that last much more than the 2000-3000 prints or so original cartridges make.

About about Canon intentionally not putting features, I very well know it's intentional and marketing and that's what infuriates me, they intentionally make the machine crappy. HP doesn't do that, the equivalent HP copier doesn't have any feature whatsoever removed. Not only that, as I just said before Canon doesn't care about its users as they never released any updates for my model while HP released several driver and firmware updates for their equivalent machine in the same time period.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    And yet you STILL respond to his posts!
    Sorry, now I'm done.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Waste toner reuse?

I am blocking & unsubscribing to anything this poster writes about, or asks for help on.

This Poster deserves nothing, from anyone in this Forum
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Waste toner reuse?

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    I am blocking & unsubscribing to anything this poster writes about, or asks for help on.

This Poster deserves nothing, from anyone in this Forum

Well said, I boosted your rep.

Lead Service Technician 1,000+ Posts mrfixit51's Avatar
    The sound of footsteps walking away down the hall.............

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Waste toner reuse?

**Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Major Asshole! 2,500+ Posts
    Waste toner reuse?

Quote Originally Posted by aab1 View Post
    -Canon has a 99 page PRINT limit (when printing from a PC, not when making photocopies) which is absurd
    I found it amusing that you take this small problem so seriously on such a small machine - which goes to confirm what someone else said about the smaller customers being the biggest PITA.

Anyway, keeping an open mind, I did some research and found a solution for your so-much-hated-99-print-limit problem - takes no programming skills (not that you have any, for that matter).

Enjoy!
    ' "But the salesman said . . ." The salesman's an asshole!'
    Mascan42

'You will always find some Eskimo ready to instruct the Congolese on how to cope with heat waves.'

Ibid

I'm just an ex-tech lurking around and spreading disinformation!

He can also put the monitor on the glass...