Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Peter Parker

Re: Canon PC 745 paper feed problem

I had the same problem, many thanks for the helpful posts (with images!) on here. Thanks guys..........

tonyespo

I want to thank everyone for all the help. I followed the directions and photos and now this copier is working fine. Here is a pic of my fix.PC735-Spring replaced.JPG

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon PC 745 paper feed problem

Quote Originally Posted by tonyespo View Post
    I want to thank everyone for all the help. I followed the directions and photos and now this copier is working fine. Here is a pic of my fix.PC735-Spring replaced.JPG
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

We always looped a tie wrap thru the hole we made with soldering iron and hooked the spring to tie wrap.

jpfulton248

Quote Originally Posted by throwaway View Post
    canon_pc745_1.jpg: Broken plastic tab where spring used to attach.
    canon_pc745_2.jpg: My fix...use at your own risk, your mileage may vary, etc.
    canon_pc745_3.jpg: Installed through slit in adjacent support and bent out of the way.

Just want to say a big thanks. Problem fixed in about 5 minutes after reading your post... and more importantly seeing your pictures. Thanks for taking the time to document and share your fix.

snav88

canon_pc745_3.jpg: Installed through slit in adjacent support and bent out of the way.
    I cannot download these images (and others) and have made contact to the moderator and to throwaway without a response.
    Is there a system problem or am I doing something wrong. I just joined last week and have this same problem and would very much appreciate seeing the favorable results of those members posting.
    snav88

snavoyosky@gmail.com

snav88

Greetings--

I'm a newbie on copytechnet by way of searching for an answer to my Canon problem as cited in the title of this message.

After reading all the posts in the thread, I discovered that the dangling spring was precisely my problem. Since I could not download any images, I joined and upon reviewing the same thread, I now found the attachments had changed and I still could not download the images.

I wrote to the moderator about this and received no reply. I wrote to throwaway and received no reply. Then I posted and my post did not appear. All this seems odd for I see a message to me at the top of the window after I log-in and welcomed...telling me that I haven't posted anything. This is my second post.

It's all so strange and I'll get it resolved, but I sincerely plea for throwaway's three images that was posted that has helped several others. I need to get this unit fixed and off the table.
    Thanks much.
    email them to my email address:
    snavoyosky@gmail.com

snav88
    Steve Navoyosky

Thumbs up Re: Canon PC 745 paper feed problem

I know this reply is 8 years later than your original post, but THANK YOU SO MUCH for this fix. I had the printer paper jam error all of a sudden with no actual paper causing this and turned the machine upside down and that spring fell out that you show. I was able to put it back in with your pictures & fix and all is good again. You did me a great favor, (and I suspect many others that were lucky enough to find your solution) Thanks again, you are a rock star!