Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Technician
    Yes, I used the main switch on the right side. This is something we have to do with Sharp copiers to make the network settings "stick".

Self Employed 1,000+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Thanks, I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page.

Another common problem with the 1025 series is the firmware and ROM's. I believe the "i" series have the usb stick for extra memory.
    If it does have the USB stick, try booting up without the USB stick once. Then power off and put it back in and boot again.
    Sometimes forcing it to "find" the usb fixes issues.

Or you may need to just replace the USB memory or ROM pcb.

Man About Town 250+ Posts CanonSco's Avatar
    This a IR1024 derivative machine I presume? ( no 1025 model here )

I seem to remember that "view IP" is DHCP only and network settings is for fixed IP. On these you can have DHCP on and when you do a user data list print it is all zeros, but the machine has picked up an address under "view IP".

I presume you can ping the machine on the view IP address?. Sounds like DHCP is still on.

Or have I misunderstood the OP?
    Yes, I am a nerd.
    Gaming PC - check. Raspberry Pi - Check. Custom ROM on phone - check. Thick glasses - check.

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by CanonSco View Post
    This a IR1024 derivative machine I presume? ( no 1025 model here )

I seem to remember that "view IP" is DHCP only and network settings is for fixed IP. On these you can have DHCP on and when you do a user data list print it is all zeros, but the machine has picked up an address under "view IP".

I presume you can ping the machine on the view IP address?. Sounds like DHCP is still on.

Or have I misunderstood the OP?
    No you did not misunderstand, that is what I'm talking about. I think the problem is just me being unfamiliar with the machine and not a problem with the machine. I did have DHCP turned on at one point and that is probably where it got the "view" IP address from. But then I turned DHCP off and set in the IP address as requested by their network tech. and I did power the machine off then on (with the main switch on the right hand side) and the machine was not reachable with the new IP address but it was with the original one.
    I too had thought that maybe DHCP was still turned on but in checking I found that it was not.
    I will have to re-visit the machine to confirm that I did everything in the right order. I am able to print to it on the network but we are now trying to set up scanning but to do that I first need their network tech. to set up some folders on the server.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Borsody75's Avatar
    When I install a brand new iR1024 (European version of iR1025), or have same problems like you, I make "all clear" from the service mode.