Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon IR2200 error code E000677-5802

I just replaced the hard drive of canon IR2200 and the error code E000677-5802 appeared. Is this a hard drive software problem? The hard drive I installed comes from a unit with network printer. And the unit I insdtalled it to is just a basic copier no network printer. I am thinking maybe there is a software mismatch. Hope you could help me. thanks

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Re: Canon IR2200 error code E000677-5802

Quote Originally Posted by cobra View Post
    I just replaced the hard drive of canon IR2200 and the error code E000677-5802 appeared. Is this a hard drive software problem? The hard drive I installed comes from a unit with network printer. And the unit I insdtalled it to is just a basic copier no network printer. I am thinking maybe there is a software mismatch. Hope you could help me. thanks
    You will probably need to have a tech format the hard drive and reload the proper firmware with the SST.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

How about if I replace the hard drive? What type of hard drive would you recommend? And what software should be loaded?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

do u think it's like swapping tires

Either install the correct Boot-ROM chip or flash the MN-Cont with the correct version of firmware.

If copier system software was loaded into a network machine, FORMAT and reload with network system software.
    If network system software was loaded into a stand alone machine, then FORMAT and reload copier system software.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Service Manager 250+ Posts

Would be cheapest to get the network kit and install that assuming the hard drive was working fine in the copier it was pulled from. The network kit can be obtained pretty cheaply now.

Unless the copier you removed the hard drive from also has fax, installing the correct boot rom and preferably ethernet NIC as well is the way to go.

With the N boot-rom and correct N software installed printing works, and if the NIC is installed as well you can use things like RUI, network printing and network pull scanning (using Canon Network ScanGear v2.30)