Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    frustrated

IR C3200 Printer prefrence problem

Hi I can't figure this out for the life of me. The staple finishing option under the finishing tab under printing preferences/ properties is not an available option. There is a stapler stacker on the copier/printer. I don't think it's a settings issue possibly a software/driver issue. The reason I know it should be available is because it is an available option on one of 8 computers in the office. Can anyone shed some light on my dilemma?

Thanks

PS- I added a jpeg of my screen with the print properties page open.
    Last edited by frustrated; 11-26-2007 at 04:32 PM. Reason: added jpeg of problem

hi there,

had a similar problem recently.
    1st question: is the printer loaded locally or is it a network share?

if its a local printer. go to properties of the printer, click the config tab. u should have a avail options window and installed options window. is the finisher in installed options? if not thats your problem select the finisher u want and click add
    make sure 2-way communication is ticked under the same window
    if it is a network share ull need to do the same thing on the serve.r where the printer is installed. once uve done this ull probaly need to share the printer on the client machine again.

let me know how u get on or if u need any more info.

gl

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Copier_Guy's Avatar
    What djzolla told you is correct. I have also seen instances where this has occurred and reloading the printer driver took care of it, if you haven't done that already.

frustrated

IR C3200 staple problem- can't select staple option

-IR C3200 staple problem- can't select staple option

Figured it out! Printers and faxes manager selected IR C3200 properties/ device settings tab/ output options pull down/ select Finisher N-1 or what ever finisher is attached to the machine. ATHF <Carl voice> "I'm the freakin' man"

Thanks for the help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

On same window Click Get device status. If successful .apply and it will select all fitted extras (do it on server if shareing it out) If unsucessfull load Canon device assist (not sure of name ,but close) from driver disk .. or tick box if autorunning. this will auto install any extras .....

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Copier_Guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frustrated View Post
    -IR C3200 staple problem- can't select staple option

Figured it out! Printers and faxes manager selected IR C3200 properties/ device settings tab/ output options pull down/ select Finisher N-1 or what ever finisher is attached to the machine. ATHF <Carl voice> "I'm the freakin' man"

Thanks for the help.
    Good fix. Keep up the good work!

You the Man!