Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    itchylipid

Canon Imagerunner 2200

Getting error code 602-003. I gather I need to replace the HD. Tried to Defragg (1 & 9 on start up), but never made it to the "download mode". Can no longer enter the service mode after this attempt. Display is frozen. It worked for a while to unplug and reboot but only a few copies could be made before it froze again. Thank you.

Update. Oddly, I turned it on tried to enter the service mode again and walked away for while. When I returned, the 2200 found it's way to the "download mode" on it's own which according to my understanding should have happened post defragg. So I shut it down and powered up again. Got error 602-001 and still could not enter the service mode.

Replace hard drive?
    Last edited by itchylipid; 09-12-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon Imagerunner 2200

Re: Canon Imagerunner 2200

Quote Originally Posted by itchylipid View Post
    Getting error code 602-003. I gather I need to replace the HD. Tried to Defragg (1 & 9 on start up), but never made it to the "download mode". Can no longer enter the service mode after this attempt. Display is frozen. It worked for a while to unplug and reboot but only a few copies could be made before it froze again. Thank you.

Update. Oddly, I turned it on tried to enter the service mode again and walked away for while. When I returned, the 2200 found it's way to the "download mode" on it's own which according to my understanding should have happened post defragg. So I shut it down and powered up again. Got error 602-001 and still could not enter the service mode.

Replace hard drive?

u know something/ on this model try first two checks below----

with those two different error codes -602-0003/0001
    u could have a defective Boot DIMM/ & or bad Ram

how far does progress bar get when error pops

1.Defective Boot DIMM (swap with a known working Boot DIMM)
    2.Defective RAM (swap with known working RAM)
    3.Defective or Corrupt System Software (re-format HDD and re-load System Software)
    4.Defective HDD (replace HDD and perform full format then load System Software)

Progress Indicator Bar will indicate the progress of the Boot Program. It will go through several stages before bringing the imageRUNNER equipment to a “Ready” state.
    Stages: None ~ 1 of 5:
    On Power-up, the Boot program starts by checking the CPU, Main Controller PCB, SDRAM, and HDD, and gives instructions as to supply electrical power for DCON and Option Board (Resolution Switch PCB).
    Stages: 1of 5 ~ 2 of 5:
    The Boot program extracts System Software from the HDD and writes it to SDRAM. The Boot program executes all the operations mentioned in preparation for the display of the UI (User Interface). This theoretically ends the Boot Process.
    Stages: 3 of 5, 4 of 5 and 5 of 5:
    After being booted the System Software starts initialization to check all document information on the
    HDD and reads the default settings. During this process, the progress of the “Progress Indicator Bar” increases in accordance to time, not with the UI task. When all the initialization operations finish normally, the machine comes into a “Ready” state and displays the UI. This realistically ends the Boot process.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

itchylipid

thanks for your detailed reply.

this time it got to ~2 of 5. Previously 1 of 5. shut it down and powered up again. tried to enter service mode and it gave me the download mode again??

itchylipid

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    u know something/ on this model try first two checks below----

with those two different error codes -602-0003/0001
    u could have a defective Boot DIMM/ & or bad Ram

how far does progress bar get when error pops

1.Defective Boot DIMM (swap with a known working Boot DIMM)
    2.Defective RAM (swap with known working RAM)
    3.Defective or Corrupt System Software (re-format HDD and re-load System Software)
    4.Defective HDD (replace HDD and perform full format then load System Software)

Progress Indicator Bar will indicate the progress of the Boot Program. It will go through several stages before bringing the imageRUNNER equipment to a “Ready” state.
    Stages: None ~ 1 of 5:
    On Power-up, the Boot program starts by checking the CPU, Main Controller PCB, SDRAM, and HDD, and gives instructions as to supply electrical power for DCON and Option Board (Resolution Switch PCB).
    Stages: 1of 5 ~ 2 of 5:
    The Boot program extracts System Software from the HDD and writes it to SDRAM. The Boot program executes all the operations mentioned in preparation for the display of the UI (User Interface). This theoretically ends the Boot Process.
    Stages: 3 of 5, 4 of 5 and 5 of 5:
    After being booted the System Software starts initialization to check all document information on the
    HDD and reads the default settings. During this process, the progress of the “Progress Indicator Bar” increases in accordance to time, not with the UI task. When all the initialization operations finish normally, the machine comes into a “Ready” state and displays the UI. This realistically ends the Boot process.

thanks again. i will follow your suggestions.