Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Ir 6570

Ir 6570

Help,I have a faulty ir6570.Random 0005, 805, 227 error codes,and a random blank LCD screen.All codes alternate.Machine does not warm up,no shutter action,.I have replaced top half of fuser unit,dc controller,and main power supply.Checked pins on feeder assembly,seem ok.Any advice/help.Also any input to working for Apogee.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ir 6570

Re: Ir 6570

Quote Originally Posted by harrison741 View Post
    Help,I have a faulty ir6570.Random 0005, 805, 227 error codes,and a random blank LCD screen.All codes alternate.Machine does not warm up,no shutter action,.I have replaced top half of fuser unit,dc controller,and main power supply.Checked pins on feeder assembly,seem ok.Any advice/help.Also any input to working for Apogee.
    ===========================
    Black Panel, Green Power LED and the Machine Does Not Cycle

1-green LED on panel is ? ON or OFF

2-remove memory> clean ends> re-seat

3-All voltages from the DC Power Supply are present yes/no

4-is 24 volts to the DC Controller at connector J101 ?

5-Check the remote signals @J1021, pins 1 and 2 on the Main Controller.
    The voltage should be about 2.8 to 3 volts. If the remote signals are present, check for output @ J4003 on the DC Power Supply, this supplies voltage to the DC controller. If no voltage is being output from J4003, Disconnect J101 from the DC controller and check the reading again. If the DC power supply is now outputting, suspect a load on the DC controller side.

6-Remove loads one at a time from the DC Controller, and check for 24 volts into J101. When the voltage returns to J101, suspect a fault in the circuit that is unplugged from the DC controller. Investigate for a faulty component or wiring short in the harness.

7-Check wires on connector J1024 on the main controller

error codes

E005 =there is no fixing web/there is an error in the detection of web solenoid connection/what is sub-code
    0000=absence of the fixing web has been detected/ 0001=web solenoid/ 0010=power has been turned off and then
    back on without resetting the error.(COPIER>COUNTER>MISC>FIXWEB)

E805 =there is a heat discharge fan error/there is a feed fan error/what is sub-code

0001 =The heat discharge/ 0002 =The feed fan

E227 =there is an error in the power supply (24 V) / what is sub-code
    Check the connector for any fault in connection//- Replace the power supply.
    0001 =At power-on, the 24-V port is OFF. -
    0002 =At the start of a job, the 24-V port is OFF.
    0003 =At the end of a job, the 24-V port is off.
    0004 =When a load is driven, the 24-V port is OFF.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Ir 6570

1st of all, Congratulations Teckat on your 10,000th post on this website. I have never seen anybody on any type of forum even remotely as thorough as you are with your posts. Every one is a master piece! Really! On another note if the previous fixes did not work then first check to see if the fuser knob turns freely, I know this sounds really lame but I've had a very similar problem before. If the fuser roller assembly feels like it's too tight then replace the lower fuser roller and bearings. I suspect that the "locked up" fuser is causing the DC power supply to have problems. Don't really know why but anyhow also unplug the copier from the wall before restarting. Also, is it possible that the little wire harness that you unplug to remove the fan assembly to get at the charge coronas has been damaged? I've seen that too .

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Ir 6570

Quote Originally Posted by Ron314 View Post
    1st of all, Congratulations Teckat on your 10,000th post on this website. I have never seen anybody on any type of forum even remotely as thorough as you are with your posts. Every one is a master piece! Really! On another note if the previous fixes did not work then first check to see if the fuser knob turns freely, I know this sounds really lame but I've had a very similar problem before. If the fuser roller assembly feels like it's too tight then replace the lower fuser roller and bearings. I suspect that the "locked up" fuser is causing the DC power supply to have problems. Don't really know why but anyhow also unplug the copier from the wall before restarting. Also, is it possible that the little wire harness that you unplug to remove the fan assembly to get at the charge coronas has been damaged? I've seen that too .
    ---------

thanks,
    everyone in this forum has something to contribute for helping others
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ---------

thanks,
    everyone in this forum has something to contribute for helping others
    Yes indeed, at 10,000+ dedicated posts you deserve to be congratulated. I salute you for this! I suggest the site administrators should consider you for a promotion, from Field Supervisor to Senior Consultant! I hope members agree with me & second this motion.

Technician

Thumbs up Re: Ir 6570

I am a little late to the party but i will Second the motion.