Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

iR3245i With E602-0001

We have multiple ir3245i that have had the HDD changed out in them at the end of the lease. Now the machines have a E602-0001 code on them that is because of the missing software. I have been successful at formatting and loading the software on other models, but I can't even get into the service mode on this model. I've tried the 1-7, 2-8, and even 1-9. It simply won't even go into the service program mode of any kind to begin to reload the software. Any help here? Thanks,

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iR3245i With E602-0001

Re: iR3245i With E602-0001

Quote Originally Posted by ctuinstra View Post
    We have multiple ir3245i that have had the HDD changed out in them at the end of the lease. Now the machines have a E602-0001 code on them that is because of the missing software. I have been successful at formatting and loading the software on other models, but I can't even get into the service mode on this model. I've tried the 1-7, 2-8, and even 1-9. It simply won't even go into the service program mode of any kind to begin to reload the software. Any help here? Thanks,
    -------------------
    are u sure control panel keys are functioning ??
    if OK ! and u still can't access service mode

The solution is to cause an Error Code and then Service Mode will be accessible.
    Error Code is caused by unplugging the Main Motor causing an E010.

Now try entering level 1 in Service Mode > Function > Clear > MN-CON is performed. The machine is powered off, Main Motor plugged in and when the machine was powered on the Service Mode is accessible.

But No need to get in SERVICE MODE TO LOAD FIRMWARE ON THIS MODEL ?

READ THIS PDF--iR3225-3230-3235-3245 HD Format TP08-1.pdf
    Points to Note at Hard Disk Failure: “*Please Read Note
    When any hard disk failure occurs on the existing models,
    you can enter Safe Mode by pressing the 2 and 8 keys simultaneously and write the firmware by formatting the hard disk.
    Nothing is written in the hard disk for service parts, so such a hard disk can be used in common between multiple models. The machine’s BIOS (equivalent to the conventional Boot ROM) has a function which writes the program stored in the hard disk to the main memory and activates the main CPU, but does not have the functions to format and write the firmware. Like existing models, this machine can start in Safe mode by pressing the 2 and 8 keys simultaneously, but the program needs to be stored in the hard disk.
    For some reasons, if you cannot start in Safe mode by pressing the 2 and 8 keys simultaneously, you will need to replace the hard disk.
    The machine’s hard disk service part has the minimum firmware written on it which enables downloading,
    so the hard disk is dedicated to this machine. Only the program for downloading is written in the hard disk,so make sure to download the latest firmware after replacing the hard disk. At this time, please use the Safe mode.

*Note:
    Unlike the conventional method, “Format ALL” is not necessary after replacing the hard disk.
    T
    he current hard disk should NOT be formatted.
    If the current hard disk drive is formatted, replacement of that hard disk drive is required.
    Upgrading the Firmware
    Version for the imageRUNNER 3225/ 3230/ 3235/ 3235i/ 3245/ 3245i copiers is System software is now
    v47.01.01.
    • The imageRUNNER 3245 series supports downloading of the firmware from the SST and USB memory.

Make sure to use the latest SST Ver. 4.04Eq (or later)
    which supports the new controller.
    Note: The updated Service Support Tool Manual will be available at a later time.
    • When the HDD Data Encryption Kit-B5 is equipped, “Format ALL” can be performed on the hard
    disk drive for the imageRUNNER 3245 series machine.
    • Make sure that SST Ver. 4.04Eq (or later) is used in order to export the firmware to a USB memory
    stick because the information file for the HD Format needs to be stored in the root of the USB
    memory.
    Upgrading the OS of the main controller (included in System) is enabled with Safe mode only.
    If the System software is downloaded whose OS version is different using normal mode, an error occurs
    during the writing process which runs after turning off and on the main power. A message is then
    prompted to download with Safe mode is displayed, and the machine automatically restarts with the
    System at the previous version.
    In this case,
    make sure to start the machine in safe mode and download the latest version.

Last edited by teckat; 07-15-2013 at 11:07 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

The op panel is working because I have 5 of these machines and they are all acting the same way. They all had the HDD replaced with blanks without knowing the issues it would cause and now it is up to me to make them work again. I know it won't go into Safe Mode and it looks like new Canon part number drives may have to be installed. But not willing to give up, I' wondering if doing a disk image from another drive would help or trying to format them from a working model (but I don't have the same exact model available). Ugh!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    iR3245i With E602-0001

Quote Originally Posted by ctuinstra View Post
    The op panel is working because I have 5 of these machines and they are all acting the same way. They all had the HDD replaced with blanks without knowing the issues it would cause and now it is up to me to make them work again. I know it won't go into Safe Mode and it looks like new Canon part number drives may have to be installed. But not willing to give up, I' wondering if doing a disk image from another drive would help or trying to format them from a working model (but I don't have the same exact model available). Ugh!
    ----------

U Live and Learn in this Business

If a HDD was formatted with an older version of the SST, a new drive will need to be installed. In some cases, the Main Controller may have to be sent to an APRF facility (Nationwide or Hytec) to be reset.

In your case all HDD's were removed/ don't know if a clone will work / doesn't hurt to try

Note:1
    ONLY USE SERVICE SUPPORT TOOL VERSION 4.04. Delete any earlier versions of the SST from the laptop and install version 4.04Eq. Version 4.04Eq will not allow formatting of the HDD, because this model does not support formatting of the drive.

Note:2
    Only Canon HDD are supported, because the drives come pre loaded with the BIOS Software to boot the machine

then u can load rest of firmware.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ----------

Note:1
    ONLY USE SERVICE SUPPORT TOOL VERSION 4.04. Delete any earlier versions of the SST from the laptop and install version 4.04Eq. Version 4.04Eq will not allow formatting of the HDD, because this model does not support formatting of the drive.

Note:2
    Only Canon HDD are supported, because the drives come pre loaded with the BIOS Software to boot the machine

then u can load rest of firmware.
    I currently have SST version 4.72E. This is higher than 4.04 you speak of. I assume this should work fine. I'm hoping that I can clone a drive to at least get to the point of installing firmware (albeit overwriting the existing firmware of the clone image). If this model then doesn't support a format, then I can only hope the clone format will work and I don't have to format it.