Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Canon IR C 1028i no display

Good day to all,

I have a problem right now. The machine printing fade quality. I tried to change all the drums and ITB assy but still faded. I will explain this later. My exact problem is i tried to Clear ALL the machine using service mode. When I press clear all the machine restarted and about 20 mins there still no display image on control panel. I want to know what happen on the machine? Need help. I also turn off the machine after loading the canon logo the display is black screen. Thank you

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Canon IR C 1028i no display

Quote Originally Posted by mark121381 View Post
    Good day to all,

I have a problem right now. The machine printing fade quality. I tried to change all the drums and ITB assy but still faded. I will explain this later. My exact problem is i tried to Clear ALL the machine using service mode. When I press clear all the machine restarted and about 20 mins there still no display image on control panel. I want to know what happen on the machine? Need help. I also turn off the machine after loading the canon logo the display is black screen. Thank you
    Replace Main Controller PCB - FM4-7477-000 - Seems like you have wiped the firmware. Alternatively you could try overwriting the firmware by booting that machine up into download mode using 28 on start up then using the Canon SST to transfer the firmware. However last time I had this problem on one of these machine's it wouldn't get as far as download mode before the screen turned off.

Good Luck!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iommanxman View Post
    Replace Main Controller PCB - FM4-7477-000 - Seems like you have wiped the firmware. Alternatively you could try overwriting the firmware by booting that machine up into download mode using 28 on start up then using the Canon SST to transfer the firmware. However last time I had this problem on one of these machine's it wouldn't get as far as download mode before the screen turned off.

Good Luck!

Ok sir thank you for the response, I think so, this is my last hope to overwriting the firmware. But I just wondering how come, it will wipe the firmware and the worst is replacement of Main PCB. I mean, I always do it in some models of High end copiers but I dont have problem on this? When I read the manual. CLEAR ALL is only clearing some data but not the firmware?Do you think it is not the safe way using a CLEAR ALL in service mode. Im talking not myself only but for the sake of the other readers and all technicians out here.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Good day to all,

==============================

why did u do a CLEAR ALL/ without knowing what that does

COPIER > FUNCTION > CLEAR>ALL

Clearing of the following items
    - USER DATA
    - SERVICE DATA
    - JOB ID
    - Histories
    - Clearing date
    MEMO:
    USER DATA/SERVICE DATA are initialized for the default destination setting.

this printer uses UST to download firmware

download the firmware from PC to the machine with using the user support tool (called UST)
    see pdf--------------
    Attached Files Attached Files
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ==============================

why did u do a CLEAR ALL/ without knowing what that does

COPIER > FUNCTION > CLEAR>ALL

Clearing of the following items
    - USER DATA
    - SERVICE DATA
    - JOB ID
    - Histories
    - Clearing date
    MEMO:

this printer uses UST to download firmware

download the firmware from PC to the machine with using the user support tool (called UST)
    see pdf--------------

Thank you Sir TEckat for always respond and helping me. Actually sir. I always did the Clear all option in some High end Copier Canon models But I did not expect this on this model. Can u tell me about this clearing option? I will do this UST for firmware, tomorrow and will get back here for the update , thank you all

Thank you Sir TEckat for always respond and helping me. Actually sir. I always did the Clear all option in some High end Copier Canon models But I did not expect this on this model. Can u tell me about this clearing option? I will do this UST for firmware, tomorrow and will get back here for the update , thank you all
    ---------------------------------

depending on your location (Country)

MEMO: On a CLEAR ALL

I believe u should have first Printed out & /or then backed up the USER DATA list

I believe an “All Clear” also clears the data on address book.
    Save the data on address book in advance.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ---------------------------------

depending on your location (Country)

MEMO: On a CLEAR ALL

I believe u should have first Printed out & /or then backed up the USER DATA list

I believe an “All Clear” also clears the data on address book.
    Save the data on address book in advance.

I already have the copy of address book and some user data, but my question is why it became black screen after I CLear All. It is only clearing a data not any firmware on the machine?

I already have the copy of address book and some user data, but my question is why it became black screen after I CLear All. It is only clearing a data not any firmware on the machine?
    ------------------

have no IDEA on that !!

try to unconnect board connectors & re-connect

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

good day,

I tried to update or install the firmware on the machine. at first canon logo will appear after turning on the machine, then, after that the same problem it was a blank screen due to Clear All. so we connect the usb cable to the laptop from the machine but it cannot detect printer. I tried to use the service mode for the interface but it no effect, I think the usb port was also affected of the wiping the firmware. any suggestions? I am so depressed for what happen on this machine, because it is first time to use the CLEAR ALL function but then the firmware was crash. thank you

good day,

I tried to update or install the firmware on the machine. at first canon logo will appear after turning on the machine, then, after that the same problem it was a blank screen due to Clear All. so we connect the usb cable to the laptop from the machine but it cannot detect printer. I tried to use the service mode for the interface but it no effect, I think the usb port was also affected of the wiping the firmware. any suggestions? I am so depressed for what happen on this machine, because it is first time to use the CLEAR ALL function but then the firmware was crash. thank you
    How to get into download mode when service mode is unavailable

1) Power on the laptop and connect to the machine via a USB cable.

2) Hold down the #2 key and then turn on the printer.

3) Keep holding the #2 key down until the "USB DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE" message is displayed.
    Note: The machine will cycle, the progress bar screen will come on and go off.
    Keep holding the #2 key until the download message is on the screen.

4) Now you can start downloading the SSW.