Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    minutajj

Canon IR3300 file type & scan setting

I have a client that wants to set the default for scanning to network to 400dpi and PDF file type. The system defaults to 200dpi and TIFF format.
    I assume the switch settings need to be changed in mc mode. Does anyone know how to change this?

Service Manager 250+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by minutajj View Post
    I have a client that wants to set the default for scanning to network to 400dpi and PDF file type. The system defaults to 200dpi and TIFF format.
    I assume the switch settings need to be changed in mc mode. Does anyone know how to change this?
    Scanning on the IR3300 is done using scanning software with the aid of the Canon Network ScanGear Tool (this tool facilitates communication between your scanning software and the copier). Settings for ScanGear are stored in the registry. So you can set up your desired settings and create a .reg file and merge it on each computer that needs to use it. You'll need to do this for your scanning software as well e.g. Adobe Acrobat.

You can then write a .bat script to merge the registry files and include it in the login script.

Quote Originally Posted by minutajj View Post
    If you have the send feature feature, yes you can set the file format. But this only works on 3300i,3320i, this does not pertain to the scan feature. Follow the steps below to set the Standard Send Settings to the customer preference:

1.Additional Functions

2.Communication Settings

3. TX Settings (Under Common Settings, Left side of panel)

4. Scroll to the screen displaying "Edit Standard Send Settings"

5.Select from the File Format menu the desired setting

6.Press OK

7. Press the reset button twice