Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts roho's Avatar

Re: Canon Imagerunner 1025IF Out of toner error when toner is almost full

for what it's worth, I had this recently. The customer ran out of toner and removed the bottle, and they spilled tonet all over. I tried a new bottle, etc. I took the new bottle, and removed the slot cover, and generally cleaned it and the toner receptacle in the machine. That seemed to work. I guess the trick is, to figure out if the mc is doing this because of it's own fault, or if a customer knocked something askew. You likely tried these basics, but this worked for me. Good luck, I despise these models.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon Imagerunner 1025IF Out of toner error when toner is almost full

Just because someone says or lists a product as Canon OEM does not mean it is one.

False OEM,s run rampard online, inc. on eBay.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

CopyTech,MIKE 100+ Posts copytech,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by betto2000 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have a Canon 1025IF that has been working fine for the last 3 years. My problem started when after having recently replaced the toner, the message of "low toner" came up. We have not been using genuine Canon toner, I thought the toner I recently installed was defective so we replaced it with a new genuine Canon toner. After a few prints, the message came up again, sometimes it will be working well for a while after opening and closing the toner door, or turning the machine off and on. However the message was coming back again from time to time, especially after a long batch of copies, usually more than 20 in a row. I tried replacing the drum unit as it was due for replacement anyway, however I just rebuilt it, using a kit that comes with a drum replacement and a new cleaning blade so didn't change the whole thing (waste tank?) only the drum. This didn't solve the problem, and now even the "out of toner" message is coming up, and in this case stops printing at all when we know the toner should be nearly full. Opening/closing toner door, turning off and back on the machine, will fix it only temporarily. I've been trying to find information about this issue with no luck.

Any insight or advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Beto
    Copytech,mike: Anytime you use non Genuine toner, you will have all sorts of problems and will even risk ruining the machine. Canon tells you: ALWAY'S use Genuine Canon toner, parts, and supplies. They don't tell you this to make more money.

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    Just because someone says or lists a product as Canon OEM does not mean it is one.

False OEM,s run rampard online, inc. on eBay.
    I agree. (copytech,Mike) Make absolute certain that the toner you buy is 100% Genuine Canon toner that hasn't been stored
    in a uhaul trailer that is 105 degrees!

I use food coloring and dirt, in an old KFC box, with a bit of duct tape, perfect image. OEM

Quote Originally Posted by copytech,mike View Post
    Copytech,mike: Anytime you use non Genuine toner, you will have all sorts of problems and will even risk ruining the machine. Canon tells you: ALWAY'S use Genuine Canon toner, parts, and supplies. They don't
    tell you this to make more money.
    * Also make sure that the toner is getting into the developer unit. Low toner message no matter what you do? Are the copies light? Is the toner bottle rotating Ect. copytech,mike

CHECK IF the Bias Spring is sitting in correctly.

Out of toner, Change toner is flashing

The problem has been found to be a poor contact between the Antenna rod, ( this is the device that detects the presence of toner in the developer), and the HVT PCB. There is a series of contact points to check.
    In the image below check the contacts points on both ends of the white wire.

On the left side the wire terminal contacts a curved wire.

The back of this curved wire is spring loaded and contacts the developer unit. In the image below the black plastic housing has been removed. There is one screw at the top of the housing that holds it in place.

The image below shows the contact point on the developer. It is rectangular in shape at the top center of the image. Make sure the wire in the above image is lined up with the contact point on the developer.

Next check the contact point on the right side of the developer. It is a spring loaded contact plate.

Check and clean each contact point. Cleaning the contacts with scotch bright, emery cloth or fine sand paper may be needed.
    The message will disappear when the contact failure is resolved
    I Have the same problem now, I read this post but I cant understand without picture. Can you please help me?

image is not displaying (Image )

CHECK IF the Bias Spring is sitting in correctly.

Out of toner, Change toner is flashing

The problem has been found to be a poor contact between the Antenna rod, ( this is the device that detects the presence of toner in the developer), and the HVT PCB. There is a series of contact points to check.
    In the image below check the contacts points on both ends of the white wire.

On the left side the wire terminal contacts a curved wire.

The back of this curved wire is spring loaded and contacts the developer unit. In the image below the black plastic housing has been removed. There is one screw at the top of the housing that holds it in place.

The image below shows the contact point on the developer. It is rectangular in shape at the top center of the image. Make sure the wire in the above image is lined up with the contact point on the developer.

Next check the contact point on the right side of the developer. It is a spring loaded contact plate.

Check and clean each contact point. Cleaning the contacts with scotch bright, emery cloth or fine sand paper may be needed.
    The message will disappear when the contact failure is resolved