Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    V-P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    East Europe Mostly
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    26

    Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    I am having some installation issues with a Cassette Feeding unit AE1 mounted on a 250 Sheet Version of iR2520i.

    The machine recognizes the cassette unit & detects the paper size & detects door opening BUT

    Nothing moves within the cassette Unit (no lifters, no paper rollers, nothing).

    First I thought electrical issue but than the sensors are being feed with voltage....

    I did not have any multimeter with me, so I couldn't measure anything.

    Any advice for me next visit ?

    Thnx for reading...

  2. #2
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    16,003
    Rep Power
    233

    Re: Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    Quote Originally Posted by V-P View Post
    I am having some installation issues with a Cassette Feeding unit AE1 mounted on a 250 Sheet Version of iR2520i.

    The machine recognizes the cassette unit & detects the paper size & detects door opening BUT

    Nothing moves within the cassette Unit (no lifters, no paper rollers, nothing).

    First I thought electrical issue but than the sensors are being feed with voltage....

    I did not have any multimeter with me, so I couldn't measure anything.

    Any advice for me next visit ?

    Thnx for reading...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    connection issue ??? FOR CORRECT SUPPLY VOLTAGE ?

    Cassette Feed Unit.JPG


    When power is turned ON, the connected equipment supplies 24VDC and 5VDC to the
    Pedestal Controller PCB.

    25VDC generates 3.3VDC in 3-Terminal Regulator in the Pedestal Control PCB, 5VDC is used for sensors and IC driver and the 3.3VDC is used for the Control IC (Asic)

    CIR.JPG
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  3. #3
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    V-P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    East Europe Mostly
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    I connected the cassette unit to another copier iR2520.

    Still the same issue.

    I made measurements and there is no sign of 24V. Only 3.3V and 5V measurements.

    But the funny thing is that now the copier which we were making the tests shows Error 197.

    So I guess we f****/ up the DC controller or the Mainboard

    Anyway I guess the problem is the cassette unit controller as I see no other part involved.

  4. #4
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    skynet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,155
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    I cannot find any evidence to back this up, even service manual revision 6 that i have just downloaded has no information.


    Do you need power supply U1 for the single cassette model?
    When you think you have made a procedure idiot proof your company employs a better idiot.

  5. #5
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    V-P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    East Europe Mostly
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    That is a good question.

    My next move would be that one.

    It is strange though because I couldn't find anything on service manual or installation manual that would mention the power supply unit U1.

    On the other hand, on the description of the unit U1 it is said to be used when installing the cassette unit AE1.

    Go figure....

    Is Canon trying to make our life more exciting ???

  6. #6
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    16,003
    Rep Power
    233

    Re: Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    Quote Originally Posted by V-P View Post
    I connected the cassette unit to another copier iR2520.

    Still the same issue.

    I made measurements and there is no sign of 24V. Only 3.3V and 5V measurements.

    But the funny thing is that now the copier which we were making the tests shows Error 197.

    So I guess we f****/ up the DC controller or the Mainboard

    Anyway I guess the problem is the cassette unit controller as I see no other part involved.
    ------------------------------------------------

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    removed wrong info from here and above


    see General Circuit Diagram ? u already have this
    Cassette Feeding unit AE1

    UN1/Pedestal controller PCB
    J3004
    PIN 13 = 24V
    PIN 27=24V
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by teckat; 06-10-2014 at 02:15 AM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    V-P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    East Europe Mostly
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    been there.... no 24 v on those connections

    The problem is that copier is not giving any 24V to the cassette controller.

    Although I switched copiers and both behave the same.

    That's why I am leaning toward the power supply unit U1. Not sure though...

    Funny thing is that I have installed another AE1 unit a couple of years ago but as I remember it was a plug & play installation.

    I don't remember a U1 unit or even a A1 spacer unit (which I had to use this time)

  8. #8
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    V-P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    East Europe Mostly
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    I just pulled this one from internal link:

    Power Supply Unit.
    Please note: Only 1 optional Power Supply Unit-U1 is required when adding 1 or more of the following options: 1. imageRUNNER 2520/2520i with Cassette Feeding unit-AE1 or 2-Way Unit-B1 or Inner 2-Way Tray-G1 or Inner Finisher-B1 2. imageRUNNER 2525/2525i/2530/2530i/2535/2535i/2545/2545i with Inner Finisher-B1

    how about that????

    I am getting confused

    I sent the pedestal board to a friend of mine to double check with multimeter - to him it looks ok

  9. #9
    Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    teckat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    16,003
    Rep Power
    233

    Lightbulb Re: Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    Quote Originally Posted by V-P View Post
    I just pulled this one from internal link:

    Power Supply Unit.
    Please note: Only 1 optional Power Supply Unit-U1 is required when adding 1 or more of the following options: 1. imageRUNNER 2520/2520i with Cassette Feeding unit-AE1 or 2-Way Unit-B1 or Inner 2-Way Tray-G1 or Inner Finisher-B1 2. imageRUNNER 2525/2525i/2530/2530i/2535/2535i/2545/2545i with Inner Finisher-B1

    how about that????

    I am getting confused

    I sent the pedestal board to a friend of mine to double check with multimeter - to him it looks ok
    _-------_

    OK !! Now I get it/ Canon makes things Aspirin will not cure

    so the Standard Cassette Pedestal receives it's Power from Printer Power Supply PCB3
    550-sheet 1st cassette type,120V:-230V/--& 250-sheet 1st cassette type,120V:-230V

    & the Optional Cassette Feeding Unit-AE1 receives it's power from the Built-In U1 Option Power Supply PCB7 PCB-120V/230V

    PS.JPG
    MAIN LAYOUT.JPG
    Last edited by teckat; 06-10-2014 at 02:07 AM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

  10. #10
    teacher-guide-expert-guru 2,500+ Posts
    Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    zoraldinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    SVN
    Posts
    4,696
    Rep Power
    90

    Re: Cassette Feeding Unit AE1 on iR2520i

    Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    ------------------------------------------------

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    removed wrong info from here and above


    see General Circuit Diagram ? u already have this
    Cassette Feeding unit AE1

    UN1/Pedestal controller PCB
    J3004
    PIN 13 = 24V
    PIN 27=24V

    Hi Tec!


    Can you please browse part number? Pedestal controller PCB Feeding unit AE1
    I can't find PC.Thanks!
    Practice makes perfect
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it
    A picture is worth a thousand words
    If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here