Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Perarg

Canon IRC3380 E0748-4150

Hello, in my machine Canon IRC3380i i get the error code E0748-4150 in a black screen when booting up.

I have tried to remove the memories and wipe out with alcohol, try resetting the cables but no success here... Do you have any idea what to do next ?

Thank you

I notice that after a while the error changes to E748-4875 (!). I am afraid of RAM issue but i don't have 512mb here to test. Can i use 1GB instead ?
    Last edited by Perarg; 09-05-2014 at 06:22 PM. Reason: additional error code displayed

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Canon IRC3380 E0748-4150

Replace the SRAM PCB.

Good luck!

Perarg

Quote Originally Posted by laitang View Post
    Replace the SRAM PCB.

Good luck!
    Thank you for your rapid reply , where is SRAM PCB located ?

I found it, under the HDD. It has a battery attached on it. You sound very sure for the PCB, are you my friend ?
    Last edited by Perarg; 09-05-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon IRC3380 E0748-4150

Quote Originally Posted by Perarg View Post
    Hello, in my machine Canon IRC3380i i get the error code E0748-4150 in a black screen when booting up.

I have tried to remove the memories and wipe out with alcohol, try resetting the cables but no success here... Do you have any idea what to do next ?

Thank you

I notice that after a while the error changes to E748-4875 (!). I am afraid of RAM issue but i don't have 512mb here to test. Can i use 1GB instead ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BEFORE REPLACING ANY PCB's
    FIRST READ THIS PDF / BOARD CLEANING & RE-POSITIONING

it works 95% of the time for E748 & E747

Board Cleaning_Board Position-TP07 094.pdf

iRC3380 PCBs.JPG
    [1] Main Controller PCB (
    Sub R-A)
    [2] Main Controller PCB (
    Sub PDEM-EF-A)
    [3] Main Controller PCB (
    Sub SJ-A)
    [4] Main Controller PCB (
    Sub LANBAR-C)
    [5] Storage of program for
    BOOT ROM BOOT
    [6] SRAM PCB
    [7]
    DDR-SDRAM
    [8] Main Controller PCB (
    Sub RB-A)
    [9]
    HDD

When the SRAM PCB is replaced, all data in its memory will be lost (filerelated, user mode-related, service mode-related, history-related files).

There will be no error operation, and initialization will take place automatically.
    If you pull out the SRAM PCB from machine B and mount it to machine A,
    the PCB will be initialized and be rendered useless for machine A or B. Take
    full care.

1) When you turn on the power after replacing the SRAM PCB, the machine
    will perform automatic initialization and will indicate a message on its
    panel to the effect that you are to turn off and then on the power switch
    found on its right side. Follow the message and turn off and then on the
    machine.
    2) Using service mode, initialize the RAM.
    COPIER>FUNCTION>CLEAR>MN-CON
    Last edited by teckat; 09-05-2014 at 09:03 PM.
    **Knowledge is time consuming, exhausting and costly for a trained Tech.**

Perarg

Quote Originally Posted by teckat View Post
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BEFORE REPLACING ANY PCB's
    FIRST READ THIS PDF / BOARD CLEANING & RE-POSITIONING

it works 95% of the time for E748 & E747

I am afraid i am one of the rest 5% ...

I tried cleaning every single board with extra care, but unfortunately i got the same error again... I suppose i have to replace the SRAM PCB as has been suggested.

If you pull out the SRAM PCB from machine B and mount it to machine A,
    the PCB will be initialized and be rendered useless for machine A or B. Take
    full care.
    If i have understand well, you mean that if another technician send me a PCB from another identical machine that is working, i cannot tried to mine ? It has to be "clean" and try buying it only as new ? Is there any way to test it before buying in order to be sure that this will solve the problem ?

P.S. I have to thank you teckat, because of your detailed and rapid reply to my problem

Canon IRC3380 E0748-4150

I am afraid i am one of the rest 5% ...

I tried cleaning every single board with extra care, but unfortunately i got the same error again... I suppose i have to replace the SRAM PCB as has been suggested.

If i have understand well, you mean that if another technician send me a PCB from another identical machine that is working, i cannot tried to mine ? It has to be "clean" and try buying it only as new ? Is there any way to test it before buying in order to be sure that this will solve the problem ?

P.S. I have to thank you teckat, because of your detailed and rapid reply to my problem

==============================================
    if u swap--- printer will initialized all data on that pcb/ and when u try to put pcb back in working printer it will have lost that printers data

it's like doing a MN-CON CLEAR

??? If u are able to quickly get into service mode on boot up/ u can try a MN CON CLEAR
    ON THE e748 printer

Clears RAM on main controller PCB's SRAM board.
    Attention:
    - The RAM is cleared after the OK key is pressed.
    - Performing this item initializes all the data on the SRAM board. In other words, file
    management information for the hard disk is initialized, and image data on the hard disk can no
    longer be read. Before performing this item, explain to the user that all images in the BOX will
    be lost, and receive permission to perform.

Operation method
    1) Select COPIER > FUNCTION > MISC-P > P-PRINT to print out the service mode setting
    values.
    2) Select this item, then press the OK key.

It's up to u >>> Canon has a double edge-sword on this issue> manual makes that statement>

because Counter pcb>ECO & SRAM pcb were embedded with special serial numbers, preventing u from swapping these pcb's
    ECO Pcb is still restricted by Canon

notethis SRAM pcb used to be a restricted part in C3200 series>not any more)

Last edited by teckat; 09-06-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Thank you

HI,
    Before changing the memories I would try to clean hard them for last time with a new eraser. (without alcohol) this tool has saved me several times.

All the best

i got the same error n got me to this forum and i try to reseat the memory and clean all the pcb carefully but the result are still the same, until i try to open the sram pcb and i see the battery and i check the battery with tester and the battery are empty then i try to replace the battery with cmos battery cr2032 since i dont have the battery with the same type so i just see that the battery are 3V so i soldering battery cr2032 to replace the battery and voila the error are disappear 😁, hope this can help the others.

Canon IRC3380 E0748-4150

Quote Originally Posted by freakorio View Post
    i got the same error n got me to this forum and i try to reseat the memory and clean all the pcb carefully but the result are still the same, until i try to open the sram pcb and i see the battery and i check the battery with tester and the battery are empty then i try to replace the battery with cmos battery cr2032 since i dont have the battery with the same type so i just see that the battery are 3V so i soldering battery cr2032 to replace the battery and voila the error are disappear 😁, hope this can help the others.

Tips.jpgBright idea.jpg

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Canon IRC3380 E0748-4150

For a 10+ year old machine!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk