Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Blue-eye

Ir2200 help setting it for printing

So we got a used canon ir2200 that was used as a copier. Didn't get any manuals along with it. After some time using it and asking around we found out it could also be used as a printer. Searching through the net we found out that we'll need a printer kit. Got one with the DIMM and NIC. Found the places where to install these parts. Also got to know some of the screen options the ir has. Looking through this forum found out that the boot system needed to be "N" instead of "C", after some trial and error also found out the right place to check this and the new installed chip had this "N" version of the software.

So should everything be allright in the printer end just with this? Also got the system service tool along with the printer kit, tested it out a bit and i think i figured most of it out. Haven't done any updating to the printer with it yet, but do i need to do any updating?

Went step by step installing the printer software to my workstation. I had the printer hooked up to a hub, pinged the printer just fine and after turning off the firewall in the workstation the ping also worked from the printer to the workstation.

The main problem now is that i can't get it to print anything, it just makes little bit more sound when i send a file to print as it turns one of the fans on. I can see the name of the file that has been sent to the printer in the lcd screen on the printer.

I've tried to hook up the printer straight to a laptop with a crossover network cable. Have tried static IP on the printer, i first had a DHCP on then turned it off with no success.

On the workstation end i have tried with two or three different sets of driver versions allways the same result.

So there was some info what i have tried so far, thank you for the answer allready.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    update the copier with the system software version n using the sst.
    then it should work fine. sounds like you have everything else under control.
    also read the advice i wrote in the post about the ir 3300 not printing just below yours now.
    dont forget to change your laptops ip and subnet, but sounds like you did all that or it wouldn't have made it to the copier to turn the fans on etc.I cant remember how much ram you need i thought it was 256 mb. That i dont remember, maybe 128 is enough as i think that is what it has now. just a thought.

Blue-eye
    It was like you pointed out. I just needed to update the system software. Got the thing finally working. Thanks for the help. (Now i only need finnish language for the machine from somewhere )

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I'm pretty sure finnish is a language option if you have the whole file for the sst

Re: Ir2200 help setting it for printing

I have the same problem did you find a solution ?