Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Formax 8902CC Paper Shredder Won't continue running

I am a copier tech that is helping a disabled community with there paper shredder. A formax 8902 CC When you press start it goes in reverse. Then the belt stops, the reverse light comes on, then it moves forward for about 30 seconds. Then stops then beeps 10 times. Does anyone know where I can get tech advise for this or service manuals... Thanks !!!

Re: Formax 8902CC Paper Shredder Won't continue running

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    I am a copier tech that is helping a disabled community with there paper shredder. A formax 8902 CC When you press start it goes in reverse. Then the belt stops, the reverse light comes on, then it moves forward for about 30 seconds. Then stops then beeps 10 times. Does anyone know where I can get tech advise for this or service manuals... Thanks !!!
    Hi Doug,

Sorry I can't tell you where to get a manual for it, but I've opened up a couple of different shredders and found that they make a mess of themselves inside the casing, causing problems like you described due to the sensors getting coated with paper dust. You might try opening it up and cleaning it out to see if it helps.

Good luck

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Hi,

I do Formax equipment to a degree but never the big shredders. I don't have the 8902 but have the 8802 which should be the same mostly. The service manuals on these aren't really service manuals, as mostly these machines are highly mechanical but do have some boards in them. I'd do the recommended cleaning procedure in the attached manual and see what happens, then start basic, clean the button/switches. If its going in reverse when you turn it on right away almost sounds like something switch wise is a bit stuck.

After it stops does it ever perform normal at all? I don't recall if your model and any sensors like some of the smaller units but sometimes they'd go wacky, like if it detects a finger touching a certain part it emergency shuts off.

FD 8802 Op-Maint Manual-Rev 1-web.pdf

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    goggle the manual I saw it online.