Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    24" Wide format scanner

24" Wide format scanner

I have a library looking for a scanner to save old newspapers that are 11 X 23.
    I see HP has the Designjet T830 that has a scanner. I'm not sure how the scanners are on these and if
    they would work for that type of application ? I would rather recommend something more expensive that
    wouldn't be a problem for them. Anyone have any input ?
    Thanks !
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    24" Wide format scanner

Re: 24" Wide format scanner

Any wide document printers that has for copying construction documents scanners on will work. I know both Ricoh and Epson make them.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    24" Wide format scanner

If they are old crumbly newspaper, the HP T830 will wad them up and spit out the pieces. You almost need a transparent sleeve to slip the newpaper sheet into. Or a large flatbed scanner.

One of my customers was scanning 100yr old blueprint originals. They ended up adhering them to a backing page with spray adhesive, or the original would come out the other side of the scanner in crumbled bits. Perhaps that's the solution. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    24" Wide format scanner

Thanks for the input. I called Scantastik and talked to them. She said a flatbed would probably be the best option.
    She also mentioned about putting them in a large sheet protector if you were going to run them through some type of feeder.
    I appreciate it !
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

For digitizing 11 X 23-inch old newspapers, it's advisable to choose a specialized book and document scanner designed for preserving delicate materials, such as the Epson Expression or Fujitsu ScanSnap series. These scanners offer high-quality scanning and gentle handling suitable for archival purposes, ensuring the preservation of historical documents. The HP Designjet T830, primarily a large-format printer with scanning capabilities, may not be the optimal choice for this specific application.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    24" Wide format scanner

Quote Originally Posted by mardosoo View Post
    For digitizing 11 X 23-inch old newspapers, it's advisable to choose a specialized book and document scanner designed for preserving delicate materials, such as the Epson Expression or Fujitsu ScanSnap series. These scanners offer high-quality scanning and gentle handling suitable for archival purposes, ensuring the preservation of historical documents. The HP Designjet T830, primarily a large-format printer with scanning capabilities, may not be the optimal choice for this specific application.
    Quote Originally Posted by closme View Post
    The best drivers license scanner for Android, you'll want software that provides reliable scanning and data extraction. Look for features like accurate OCR (Optical Character Recognition) technology, support for various license formats, and compatibility with your Android device. It's essential to consider your specific business needs and check user reviews to ensure the chosen software meets your requirements. A good driver's license scanner should streamline your processes and enhance efficiency.
    We've got us some more spam bots.