Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Rioch as a Fax Modem?

Re: Rioch as a Fax Modem?

Quote Originally Posted by Methedor View Post
    Anyone know if the LAN-FAX dirvers are "Universal" in the same manner that a PCL Driver is a PCL Driver? If not I'll need to get into the habit of seeing if LAN-FAX is available on each install. Hmn, this is rather convenient.

As for Medical Programs. Yeah most seem to be built for proprietary things and connections to the point of causing issues when trying to use new hardware at times. I've seen them not adhere to the systems Default Printer, thus causing confusion down the line and "This is Broken, Fix It" Requests. I know that there was one place that wanted Direct Scanning into the medical program from a Ricoh Push Scanner due to wanting the elimination of a few clicks.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    NO. The drivers are model specific
    And even though Ricoh does make "Universal" drivers, the only time I would use them is if you are wanting to pool different models. Pooled printers must all use the same driver. If you want to fully utilize all the features of a specific printer, you need to use a driver written for that printer.

Technician

Sorry for my late reply in this thread. I even don't know much about this one Rioch Fax Modem. You should try for something which is reliable and cheap as well. Would you mind to give a try for Cocofax service? This Cocofax service will ensure you to send fax online visit the website if you want to proceed with Cocofax. As a new users, you will get 1 month of free trial. All the best!

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Rioch as a Fax Modem?

Quote Originally Posted by Harold D. Keels View Post
    Sorry for my late reply in this thread. I even don't know much about this one Rioch Fax Modem. You should try for something which is reliable and cheap as well. Would you mind to give a try for Cocofax service? This Cocofax service will ensure you to send fax online visit the website if you want to proceed with Cocofax. As a new users, you will get 1 month of free trial. All the best!
    any time a thread has gone used for 2 years we consider that thread Dead and Buried.

please let them rest in peace.

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts
    Rioch as a Fax Modem?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    any time a thread has gone used for 2 years we consider that thread Dead and Buried.

please let them rest in peace.
    +1
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com

I don't know much about a Rioch fax modem yet. I"m new to fax. I recently set up fax service in my office. But I would like to get some more details about using fax service. Therefore, I need a fax guide website. I found GoogleFaxFree a while ago as a fax guide website I would like to follow this one. This will ensure how to fax online with gmail with Google Fax Free ideas. What 's your thought in it?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Fax is old tech, almost as old as this dead thread.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    Unfortunately (or, fortunately, depending on your point of view), Fax is still used heavily in medical, legal, and educational areas.

Admittedly, that is on the decline, but there is still a need for it.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Rioch as a Fax Modem?

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    But still the fastest and most secure to get copies of paper documents from one place to another.

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    But still the fastest and most secure to get copies of paper documents from one place to another.
    My doctor works for a large, very modern hospital system.

Periodically, I need to send him some glucose monitoring reports.

Even though there is a site I go to for my appointments, lab work, etc..., I still need to either fax or (gulp!) snail-mail the report.

I found numerous fax-for-free solutions on the web; they only charge you if you want an inbound number, or need to send more than a (very low) number of pages.

Great for personal use (as it was designed) but totally impractical for a business of any sort.
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Rioch as a Fax Modem?

Quote Originally Posted by KenB View Post
    My doctor works for a large, very modern hospital system.

Periodically, I need to send him some glucose monitoring reports.

Even though there is a site I go to for my appointments, lab work, etc..., I still need to either fax or (gulp!) snail-mail the report.

I found numerous fax-for-free solutions on the web; they only charge you if you want an inbound number, or need to send more than a (very low) number of pages.

Great for personal use (as it was designed) but totally impractical for a business of any sort.
    In 2005 when I was a deployed as a reservist to Iraq at least 3 NCOs including myself had accounts with eFax.com. Came in very handy when we had soldiers putting promotion packets and needed paperwork from their home units, we had reservist from multiple other transportation units. We would give the soldier one of the numbers, they would call their unit, next day we would have the paperwork. Much better than waiting 10 days for snail-mail to get there. Faxes were received as email attachments. Came in handy when I got back and needed to teat a fax unit I was working on.