Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Canon gen 3 wireless problem

Hi all,
    I have set up a new machine ir-adv C7580. It works fine on the wired LAN only setting. It works fine on the wireless LAN only setting. But when i select the wired and wireless LAN setting only the wired LAN works. Followed the instructions in manual and see nothing wrong. Cannot ping the sub line address print or access RUI as the manual states I should be able to. Output data page shows wireless connected fine and proper sub line IP address. Any one else been able to get this working?
    Thanks

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Canon gen 3 wireless problem

Re: Canon gen 3 wireless problem

Quote Originally Posted by StBernardGuy View Post
    Hi all,
    I have set up a new machine ir-adv C7580. It works fine on the wired LAN only setting. It works fine on the wireless LAN only setting. But when i select the wired and wireless LAN setting only the wired LAN works. Followed the instructions in manual and see nothing wrong. Cannot ping the sub line address print or access RUI as the manual states I should be able to. Output data page shows wireless connected fine and proper sub line IP address. Any one else been able to get this working?
    Thanks
    i doubt you can set up wired and wireless at the same time.

The Canon Gen 3 machines do allow both wired and wireless protocols at the same time. My advice is to upgrade firmware on the Canon. I have installed several of them using both protocols at once and haven't seen any issues. When we setup new Canon's, we upgrade to the newest firmware though.

Thanks for that tip. I did do the firmware. The 7580 is actually a Gen 2 machine. It is a 7580I II I guess that means gen 2 the numbering is way confusing now a days. But it does have the option to do both. Could that maybe be the issue? On the User data list it doesn't show a MAC address for the wireless side when both enabled. It also does not show a transmission speed for the Ethernet connection.

You may want to place a call to Canon eSupport for this one. sounds like something is corrupted.

From Canon:
    With firmware platform V3.7: or higher, Administrators can select a “Wired LAN + Wireless LAN” option to simultaneously connect to two networks.
    f you selected Select Wired/Wireless LAN, you can set the IP address for wireless LAN (sub line) in Sub Line Settings.
    1 Press Settings/Registration
    2 Press Preferences > Network > Sub Line Settings
    3 Press IP Address Settings and set the IP address for wireless LAN (sub line).

Only IPv4 addresses can be used with the sub line.

Have added Ip for subline and tried all other tips. Will call Canon Support and see what they say. Thanks all.

Found the issue with help from Canon Support. You cannot connect in the both wired and wireless mode if both networks are on the same sub net. Must be different schemes then works fine.