Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Methedor's Avatar

Allternatives to Ricoh Print & Share(?)

Hello. I posted a similar thing before. I am looking for a program that can allow a printed single page document to be duplicated and staples together without prompting the user. I.E. page 1 of 1 and a copy/duplicate of page 1 of 1, staple. Attempts to just set Driver copies to 2 and enable stapling fails as the copies are two separate requests. Ricoh Print and Share, while being able to do the job is a bit pricey for the number of licenses. Does anyone know of alternative that will work on 64 bit systems?

I've tried Print Distributor and their Accumulate setting triggers when specified but still seems to be sending it as separate requests as it isn't held by the finisher for stapling.
    My boss recommended Desktop Binder Lite, but it appears that it is not compatible with 64 bits systems. It also looked like it might not be able to do what I need.
    I attempted to install Device Management NX Lite, but keep getting an AIR Adobe error when I try to run the program. Though this looks like a fleet management asset.

I'm wondering if there are search parameters or programs that I'm over looking as I'm looking for keywords such as "Page insertion", "Duplicate", "Triplicate", "Virtual Printer". There are a few more installers that I can try in my folder. Much of what I've been finding is PDF related.

I've been looking at Nuance and Onxy, though I haven't seen the specific features that I'm looking for in the 'brochure'.

Thank all of you for reading and your advice. Free programs would be excellent, though I doubt they exist now if ever for this.

Re: Allternatives to Ricoh Print & Share(?)

We are now using Print&Share v3 and Print&Share CQ at our offices.

Despite the fact that we only needed it for 1 task in the beginning, we actually added more and more profiles and have also bought Print&Share CQ (the service version of Print&Share v3).

Print&Share CQ has the big advantage of being a service and allowing you to map multiple queues to profiles! That last one saved us really a lot!
    (have created queues "Invoices", "Archive", "Warehouse" each with their dedicated AD users.)

I did not find any P&SCQ videos but if you are used to the desktop version it is fairly easy to configure triplicate or duplicate:

Ricoh Print&Share - Paper source tray selection with interval - YouTube

if you have questions i can try to help. We've been using it for several years.