Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Toshiba E-507 scan folders

Does anyone know if you can setup multi scan folders on a Toshiba E Studio 507 with the standard equipment that comes with machine? If so, how do you do it.
    Can it be done with remote 1 scan folder and somehow setup sub folders within that folder for individual workstations that can access their own sub folder that is password protected? Not sure if you have to setup separate templetes first then a sub folder. Please can someone clarify and possibly send step by step instructions?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts Methedor's Avatar

Re: Toshiba E-507 scan folders

If I am understanding the question correctly you are wanting to have a scan folder with sub folders that some can scan to or access and others can't? Please note that I am looking at this from the network side as I do not have Toshiba Technician experience.

Couldn't you just make a share and sub-folders on a server or system then change the sub-folder's Share and NTFS permissions to allow and deny access? If the permissions don't allow certain users than that should deny unauthorized scans as Auth Errors. Since the sub-folders should have inheritance, it'd be a matter of changing settings.

I hope this helps even if it assists in a different issue down the line. Thank you for reading.

Re: Toshiba E-507 scan folders

Looks like they use Templates