Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

ricoh MP C3003 dns configuration

I have a customer and i have set copier to specific ip address and dns configuration. problem is on copier the dns will not connect to router dns comes up and says fail. i try my router and it works fine. they had it replace about a month ago. other problem is it will scan to one computer but not to another one. everything was working properly and as far i know nothing has change. all settings are correct and both use same antivirus settings.

Re: ricoh MP C3003 dns configuration

Multiple problems Lets start with the basics DNS

do an ipconfig /all and get the correct settings and enter them into the copier

subnet
    gateway
    dns

first dns setting should be the gateway

that part i have done. i have done auto obtain on copier let it grab information and enter it in copier the dns for cable company is successful on test but the dns for router no go. that why i try my router and it works fine with it.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts BaconSteve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    I have a customer and i have set copier to specific ip address and dns configuration. problem is on copier the dns will not connect to router dns comes up and says fail. i try my router and it works fine. they had it replace about a month ago. other problem is it will scan to one computer but not to another one. everything was working properly and as far i know nothing has change. all settings are correct and both use same antivirus settings.
    What kind of router? A small office/home office witch can be easily reset, or part of a corporate level network. I’d try (have IT try *lol, I know*) resetting the the router to factory settings if it’s a SOHO. And/or the new router may require a firmware update. Never seen one selectively connect DNS. The fact that your test router works, and it worked through the old router definitely points to the new router being the issue here.

Scanning via SMB or FTP? FTP can be blocked by an antivirus SUITE and/or the Microsoft firewall. It sounds like you have to get the DNS issue fixed before moving on to the scan issue. If SMB, did it work before the new router? Also if SMB, would FTP be an option? Anymore, I always lead with FTP. It’s so much easier than SMB and you don’t have a lot of the bs effecting it like SMB.

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    that part i have done. i have done auto obtain on copier let it grab information and enter it in copier the dns for cable company is successful on test but the dns for router no go. that why i try my router and it works fine with it.

If you have already identified the problem as a bad router ie router issue why are you asking for help?
    Suggest you get there IT to either fix the router problem or replace it.

the router belongs to the cable company they rent it from them. So doing a system reset would be a pain. customer said there person from cable company did some setting changes to make it work. I will let them take care of it to resolve this issue. i just want to make sure i wasn't over looking something on copier.

what is weird scan to folder it will scan to one computer and other one it quit working. both were working with no problems and now issue. Trying to find out if router was causing problem.