Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Pooler, GA
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    13

    Office365 stops accepting email from copier

    Went to a machine today that another tech was having problems with. When I got there email worked. Upgraded the firmware anyway, it needed it very bad. It still worked after the upgrade. I sent several emails back to back and even to everyone registered in the machine at one time. I get a call about two hours later that it quit working again. I have not tried setting the SMTP to the IP of the Office365 server yet. The fact that it worked while I was there tells me there is nothing wrong with the machine itself.

    The machine is a Savin C2003 with the latest firmware available

    Smtp: smtp.office365.com
    Port:587
    SSL is "On"

    Administrator, login name and user name are all the same email

    We are going to try our own login on Monday to see if it works longer and possibly changing the SMTP to the IP.

    Any other ideas that I should check.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,197
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: Office365 stops accepting email from copier

    I don't know Savin but ot KonMin settings are:

    Setting IMAP (incoming)
    Server Name outlook.office365.com
    Port Number 993
    Encryption Method SSL
    SMTP (outgoing)
    Server Name smtp.office365.com
    Port Number 587
    Encryption Method TLS
    You may also look at the following page for other specifics.

    How to set up a multifunction device or application to send email using Office 365 | Microsoft Docs
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  3. #3
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Office365 stops accepting email from copier

    SalesServiceGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,647
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Office365 stops accepting email from copier

    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I don't know Savin but ot KonMin settings are:

    Setting IMAP (incoming)
    Server Name outlook.office365.com
    Port Number 993
    Encryption Method SSL
    SMTP (outgoing)
    Server Name smtp.office365.com
    Port Number 587
    Encryption Method TLS
    You may also look at the following page for other specifics.

    How to set up a multifunction device or application to send email using Office 365 | Microsoft Docs
    Very useful link.

    Thanks,

  4. #4
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Office365 stops accepting email from copier

    copiertec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Centereach, L.I. New York
    Posts
    504
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Office365 stops accepting email from copier

    Quote Originally Posted by mincopier View Post
    Went to a machine today that another tech was having problems with. When I got there email worked. Upgraded the firmware anyway, it needed it very bad. It still worked after the upgrade. I sent several emails back to back and even to everyone registered in the machine at one time. I get a call about two hours later that it quit working again. I have not tried setting the SMTP to the IP of the Office365 server yet. The fact that it worked while I was there tells me there is nothing wrong with the machine itself.

    The machine is a Savin C2003 with the latest firmware available

    Smtp: smtp.office365.com
    Port:587
    SSL is "On"

    Administrator, login name and user name are all the same email

    We are going to try our own login on Monday to see if it works longer and possibly changing the SMTP to the IP.

    Any other ideas that I should check.
    Is the MFP showing the email has been sent or has it errored out? Have they checked their spam folder? I have had a few instances where the client complained about not getting their emails, however, the email was marked as spam by Office 365 and their IT provider had to go further than just white-listing the email coming from the device, in office 365, they had to make further exceptions,since the IT dept has made those changes all has been good.

  5. #5
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    9,984
    Rep Power
    223

    Re: Office365 stops accepting email from copier

    Quote Originally Posted by tsbservice View Post
    I don't know Savin but ot KonMin settings are:

    Setting IMAP (incoming)
    Server Name outlook.office365.com
    Port Number 993
    Encryption Method SSL
    SMTP (outgoing)
    Server Name smtp.office365.com
    Port Number 587
    Encryption Method TLS
    You may also look at the following page for other specifics.

    How to set up a multifunction device or application to send email using Office 365 | Microsoft Docs
    Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Very useful link.

    Thanks,
    Yes it is. I have posted to a number of thread about Office 365. Most idiots seem to ignore it.

  6. #6
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Pooler, GA
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Office365 stops accepting email from copier

    Will check that thread.

    When I was testing after the firmware upgrade it showed up in everyones "Inbox", that should not have changed.

    As far as leaving the machine Or not I'm not sure at this time. I will look into that when I get back there.

  7. #7
    Indentured Servant 500+ Posts D_L_P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    931
    Rep Power
    33

    Re: Office365 stops accepting email from copier

    Quote Originally Posted by mincopier View Post
    Went to a machine today that another tech was having problems with. When I got there email worked. Upgraded the firmware anyway, it needed it very bad. It still worked after the upgrade. I sent several emails back to back and even to everyone registered in the machine at one time. I get a call about two hours later that it quit working again. I have not tried setting the SMTP to the IP of the Office365 server yet. The fact that it worked while I was there tells me there is nothing wrong with the machine itself.

    The machine is a Savin C2003 with the latest firmware available

    Smtp: smtp.office365.com
    Port:587
    SSL is "On"

    Administrator, login name and user name are all the same email

    We are going to try our own login on Monday to see if it works longer and possibly changing the SMTP to the IP.

    Any other ideas that I should check.
    I've had this issue before. The sent box has a finite amount of data and needs cleaned out from time to time depending on how much is being sent.



    Office 365

  8. #8
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,197
    Rep Power
    56

    Re: Office365 stops accepting email from copier

    slimslob, I was searching for this thread problem solutions using Google. That link was one of the first few ones I figure it out as potentially helpful. My bad if did something wrong.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

    Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

  9. #9
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Pooler, GA
    Posts
    255
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Office365 stops accepting email from copier

    I still have not seen this not fail at this customer. We had another tech go by and it failed at the machine. We loaded info for a different O365 account and it worked for about 5 minutes. So it is not an O365 issue. We even tried by IP address and it would still fail at the copier after a little time. We are not thinking local network issue.

  10. #10
    Service Tech / IT Rep 100+ Posts JVergin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Office365 stops accepting email from copier

    Quote Originally Posted by mincopier View Post
    I still have not seen this not fail at this customer. We had another tech go by and it failed at the machine. We loaded info for a different O365 account and it worked for about 5 minutes. So it is not an O365 issue. We even tried by IP address and it would still fail at the copier after a little time. We are not thinking local network issue.

    Had a similar problem happen once. Somehow it didn't affect printing but one of the TVs in the building took the IP address of the copier causing intermittent scan to email errors (On a Kyocera product).

    Try unplugging the network cable from the copier and pinging it's IP address. If it still pings successfully then see if the network admin can find out what device is using that IP, kick it off, and reserve that IP for the copier.
    -- "Did you try cleaning the glass?"

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-= -= -= -= -=


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here