Thread: Ricoh MP301

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

Ricoh MP301

Machine was working pefectly, clien had a router go down, new router put in office, print, is fine, he has internet and email, yet, the email scan wont work from the machine, its says "standby"
    i have the ports open in the router, its not a different company.... anyone have this issue?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Ricoh MP301

Re: Ricoh MP301

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    Machine was working pefectly, clien had a router go down, new router put in office, print, is fine, he has internet and email, yet, the email scan wont work from the machine, its says "standby"
    i have the ports open in the router, its not a different company.... anyone have this issue?

What email address are they using for send? If it's gmail or something like that, it MAY be seeing the new router as email coming from a DIFFERENT location. You might need to log into the email interface to "approve" email coming from the new location....even though it's the same machine/place/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    What email address are they using for send? If it's gmail or something like that, it MAY be seeing the new router as email coming from a DIFFERENT location. You might need to log into the email interface to "approve" email coming from the new location....even though it's the same machine/place/etc.
    do you mean the email interface on the web access? or the router?
    i have frontier on the phone and we went through every thing that could possibly be changed... no luck
    the web interface?on the mp301? change what if you will explain please?

Ricoh MP301

i have frontier on the phone and we went through every thing that could possibly be changed... no luck
    Did the new router change any of the IP settings? Maybe a conflict somewhere?

Did you cycle the machine? From time to time it has done the trick for me.

Login into the Gmail account that was set up for scanning. Send a scan, and if I remember correctly there should be a message in the email to allow or something like that. Could be wrong though. Guitar9199 might be able to clarify more.

Login to Web interface (as admin), click configuration, go to "File Transfer" and re-input the FTP username and password. Then go to "Email" and input the SMTP info (email addresses/ username/ password).

Do you have any DNS servers set? We like to use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

Under Security, there is "access control", make sure you don't have any of these set, unless it's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Did the new router change any of the IP settings? Maybe a conflict somewhere? no

Did you cycle the machine? From time to time it has done the trick for me. yes
    im not using gmail, im using my roadrunner account, spectrum, i have it set up on over 100 clients, it works..

Login into the Gmail account that was set up for scanning. Send a scan, and if I remember correctly there should be a message in the email to allow or something like that. Could be wrong though. Guitar9199 might be able to clarify more. /Na

Login to Web interface (as admin), click configuration, go to "File Transfer" and re-input the FTP username and password. Then go to "Email" and input the SMTP info (email addresses/ username/ password). ill give this a retry

Do you have any DNS servers set? We like to use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 yes on this and i have tried all "0" and the gate way 192.168.1.1

Under Security, there is "access control", make sure you don't have any of these set, unless it's needed.
    none of this is set

Ricoh MP301

The Router only provides internet access.... it won't have anything to do with the email, other than maybe providing a DIFFERENT IP address than the mail server is used to seeing.

If the email server (smtp.gmail.com for example) is used to seeing email being sent from one IP address, then suddenly that address changes, it MIGHT think your email is being hacked. Log into your email using a web browser, and see if it sent you any messages asking "Is this you"?

I'll bet DNS is broken somewhere.
    Can't remember if you can test name server connections at the panel on the MP301 or not.
    Let us know what the fix is...