Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C2551 - Too Old now??

MP C2551 - Too Old now??

Hey Guys,
    We have a Ricoh C2551 that just stopped scanning to email for one of our customers. They are not sure what may have changed on the network side of things, but their IT is thinking something with security or firewall settings. I have spent 3 hours with their IT, and two of my IT guys also. Between the three of them and myself, we have changed literally everything that could be thought of, but to no avail.

Firmware was updated to get SMB scanning working for the time being, but the customer does not want this to be the permanent solution.
    Their IT and my guys seem to think it is something to do with the SSL/TLS settings. Can't disable this setting, and can't find out if maybe the port is the issue (tried a couple different ports to no avail).

So the questions are......Has anyone run into this issue yet with this model in particular? Is this model at the "Too Old" point, where it won't jive with newer protocols and such?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: MP C2551 - Too Old now??

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Hey Guys,
    We have a Ricoh C2551 that just stopped scanning to email for one of our customers. They are not sure what may have changed on the network side of things, but their IT is thinking something with security or firewall settings. I have spent 3 hours with their IT, and two of my IT guys also. Between the three of them and myself, we have changed literally everything that could be thought of, but to no avail.

Firmware was updated to get SMB scanning working for the time being, but the customer does not want this to be the permanent solution.
    Their IT and my guys seem to think it is something to do with the SSL/TLS settings. Can't disable this setting, and can't find out if maybe the port is the issue (tried a couple different ports to no avail).

So the questions are......Has anyone run into this issue yet with this model in particular? Is this model at the "Too Old" point, where it won't jive with newer protocols and such?
    Termination of field support was February 2016 & probably no more frimwar updates. Best you can do is setup a less secure smtp relay server so it functions the way the "customer wants". Other than that setup a network SMB share to scan to or get a new(er) machine. SMB is preferable if the scans are not leaving the premises--faster too!MP C2551 - Too Old now??MP C2551 - Too Old now??

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C2551 - Too Old now??

Re: MP C2551 - Too Old now??

It is very possible that the site certificate on the C2551 may have expired. Without a valid certificate, SSL/TLS fails.

The attached is a basic guideline and no longer accurate as to where to find the certificate in Firefox and most likely in Internet Explorer. For example, the Google Internet Authority is now found under GlobalSign and not Equifax in Firefox.
    How do I setup SMTP over SSL on a Ricoh Family group device.pdf