Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MacinCloud

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MacinCloud

MacinCloud

Has anyone tried renting a virtual Mac from your Windows PC to help learn how to navigate the latest Apple Operating system?

As Mac's tend to automatically update, I am beginning to get requests to install print drivers on the brand new OSX 10.15 Catalina.

I use to be able to TeamViewer in and bumble my way through an install but the latest 10.15 requires the user to first enable multiple permissions. so that you can move the mouse and see any applications.

Buying a new or used MacBook can be considered expensive if you just want to learn the operating system.

I have found www.macincloud.com where I can rent online a Mac Mini for $26.00 Canadian for a month.

Sounds like a great deal! Has anyone tried this?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: MacinCloud

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    Has anyone tried renting a virtual Mac from your Windows PC to help learn how to navigate the latest Apple Operating system?

As Mac's tend to automatically update, I am beginning to get requests to install print drivers on the brand new OSX 10.15 Catalina.

I use to be able to TeamViewer in and bumble my way through an install but the latest 10.15 requires the user to first enable multiple permissions. so that you can move the mouse and see any applications.

Buying a new or used MacBook can be considered expensive if you just want to learn the operating system.

I have found www.macincloud.com where I can rent online a Mac Mini for $26.00 Canadian for a month.

Sounds like a great deal! Has anyone tried this?
    If you don't need the "latest & greatest" I recommend looking at Used Macs - Buy Cheap Refurbished Apple Computers & Laptop For Sale for a used/refurbished machine!!!MacinCloudMacinCloud

Refurbished Apple Mac Minis, Mac Mini Refurbished, Used Mac Mini

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MacinCloud

Re: MacinCloud

Almost all of the Mac installs that I have encountered involve the "latest and greatest" because Macs tend to automatically update their operating system.

I went ahead and got a dedicated server subscription with Admin rights for $22.00 USD per week. You can cancel at any time.

Macincloud

It is great! Essentially you can operate the latest Mac 10.15 from your Windows PC for $22.00 and not have to buy any hardware.

I can add print drivers, test Dept Codes, add apps like TeamViewer.

If you just want to look around the Mac OSX 10.15 interface, you cannot save anything, you can do so for $1.00 one time only.