Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Angry Zebra ZT230 Printers with Android devices

Hello,

At my company, I am having some issues with integrating our ZT230 label printers with android devices such as a phone or in this case a Zebra handheld computer scanner device.

We use an inventory management application called Plex Manufacturing Cloud. They have an app called Plex Mobile for android devices. You can "add" printers in the application but you're really only putting in its information like IP address etc. and finding out if it works later which it doesn't.

That's why I decided to try to be able to see one of the printers on the device itself to see if I can even see one. I tried adding a printer with the IP address but the address could not be found. I know 100% that I entered the right address. There is not any zebra plug ins to actually help you add one in. I can only see our HP or Ricoh printers.

I called Zebra support and asked about the certain device in question, which is a MC 9300 mobile computer. They told me it would require an application in order to connect to their ZEBRA printers with their ZEBRA computer. But guess what? They don't provide an app to do so! They told me either companies make the app themselves in-house or use a 3rd party app. Basically, they don't have a clue at all.

Anyone have experience with this? A note: these printers are not Bluetooth compatible so any steps using Bluetooth will not help.

Thanks

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Zebra ZT230 Printers with Android devices

Re: Zebra ZT230 Printers with Android devices

I sell and support Toshiba label printers and cannot offer good quality technical support on Zebra product.

Very few people on this forum knows how to support label printers. I am one of the few.

Looking at the brochure, how is the printer connected? Via ethernet cable to a wireless router? Do you have any Zebra print server options installed in the printer?

The brochure makes no mention of a Bluetooth option, nor Android support. Only a Windows based print driver is supported.

Quote Originally Posted by SalesServiceGuy View Post
    I sell and support Toshiba label printers and cannot offer good quality technical support on Zebra product.

Very few people on this forum knows how to support label printers. I am one of the few.

Looking at the brochure, how is the printer connected? Via ethernet cable to a wireless router? Do you have any Zebra print server options installed in the printer?

The brochure makes no mention of a Bluetooth option, nor Android support. Only a Windows based print driver is supported.

Initially we use wireless to connect to them through our Active directory through the print server which then we distribute with a security policy. However at time we're required to connect them via IP since gpupdate can be finicky at times.

Weird how they would base their mobile computers off of a linux distribution if most their products connect through a windows OS.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Zebra ZT230 Printers with Android devices

So there is a network cable connecting the Zebra printer to a wireless router?