Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    USB stick issues???

Re: USB stick issues???

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    NO, just as I wrote 4 megabits. Most copiers do not have in their firmware the ability to handle the file allocation tables of the larger USB drives, that is why they fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    In santander's first post he said 4MB which is Mega Bytes. Mega bits would be Mb and is generally used to denote transmission speed not memory size.

Using the bit calculator that you provided a link to, 4MB = 4096 kilobytes or 4194304 bytes.
    I directly quoted Santaders post where he clarified "4 megabits" and based my reply on that.

Fact is I know Santander is a great tech and this is just one of those brain fart tings that I was having a bit of fun commenting on.

Calling me stupid was uncalled for in any circumstance here.

You guys can have the place.

Re: USB stick issues???

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    I directly quoted Santaders post where he clarified "4 megabits" and based my reply on that.

Fact is I know Santander is a great tech and this is just one of those brain fart tings that I was having a bit of fun commenting on.

Calling me stupid was uncalled for in any circumstance here.

You guys can have the place.
    First it was Santandar not Santader. Your stupidity shows in your inability to read the entire thread before you stick you foot up your dark spot. Also that was his second reply where he was correcting davel who thought it should have been 4GB. His first reply is as follows.

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Your problem is not the color on the end, it is the size of the USB drive. Find USB drives at 4 MB as we have not had success with using USB drives above that on many manufacturer's machines. They are out there you just need to look. Also how are you formatting the usb drive? FAT32 is a safe bet.