Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts kingarthur's Avatar

different networks

Trying to install a Biz c3350i onto a network, PC has IP ***.***.132.** copier has IP ***.***.133.** cant get the PC to print, or talk to the copier, have turned off IP filtering ,so can at least connect to Pagescope. Have never dealt with anything like this before, have always had PC/copier on same IP range. the small "home size" printers that are coming out are all printing. We installed a Biz 4020i and it printed straight away.....any ideas please
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: different networks

Quote Originally Posted by kingarthur View Post
    Trying to install a Biz c3350i onto a network, PC has IP ***.***.132.** copier has IP ***.***.133.** cant get the PC to print, or talk to the copier, have turned off IP filtering ,so can at least connect to Pagescope. Have never dealt with anything like this before, have always had PC/copier on same IP range. the small "home size" printers that are coming out are all printing. We installed a Biz 4020i and it printed straight away.....any ideas please
    First three octets have to be the same, last octet is what changes!!! e.g. 192.168.1.10 & 192.168.1.11. I've had instances where the scripted installer doesn't "find" the machine, so I have to manually enter the IP....or have to install the print driver via old school method...control panel, printers and devices. Somethings bound to work!!!different networksdifferent networks

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    REACH FOR THE STARS!!!
    Konica Minolta Planetariums!
    https://www.konicaminolta.com/planet...gma/index.html

snmp? can you give more info on the process of adding the print queue, where it fails?

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    First three octets have to be the same, last octet is what changes!!! e.g. 192.168.1.10 & 192.168.1.11.
    not to be that guy but there is more to subnetting than just a class C subnet.

Quote Originally Posted by qbert69 View Post
    First three octets have to be the same, last octet is what changes!!! e.g. 192.168.1.10 & 192.168.1.11. I've had instances where the scripted installer doesn't "find" the machine, so I have to manually enter the IP....or have to install the print driver via old school method...control panel, printers and devices. Somethings bound to work!!!different networksdifferent networks

That's what i thought, but all their current printers, the ones being replaced are like that
    Tip for the day; Treat every problem as your dog would.....If you cant eat it or f*ck it....then p*ss on it & walk away...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    different networks

check subnet mask of pc's & printers that work and compare to the one that does not.

I believe your problem is with the subnet mask

Quote Originally Posted by Kimi View Post
    snmp? can you give more info on the process of adding the print queue, where it fails?

The customer used the MAC address for each machine to install the print drivers on the server, gave each machine an IP, and a name, then our IT chap had to log onto their server and add each printer using the allocated name.

The customer used the MAC address for each machine to install the print drivers on the server, gave each machine an IP, and a name, then our IT chap had to log onto their server and add each printer using the allocated name.
    I bet they're using MAC ID FILTERING!!!different networks

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

Leave on DHCP & they add MAC ID to the server pool. IP ADDRESS assigned based on MAC ID, I'm guessing!!!different networks

REACH FOR THE STARS!!!

If you log on via pagescope, you can direct print... If you try to print using the drivers, it fails... It doesn't even appear in the print queue, if you try to check printer preferences or properties, by right clicking on the printer, it doesn't open