Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts progoffice's Avatar

Papercut MF vs MyQ

Does anybody have any experience with Papercut MF or MyQ? If so, how do they compare? Specifically in an environment using Kyocera copier and printers.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Papercut MF vs MyQ

Papercut is simpler and cheaper and proven

Quote Originally Posted by progoffice View Post
    Does anybody have any experience with Papercut MF or MyQ? If so, how do they compare? Specifically in an environment using Kyocera copier and printers.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Papercut MF vs MyQ

Hi,
    Both are very good for Kyocera. Very good is that both solutions are stable. I know PaperCut very good so if you choose it, it will be set & forget the matter.
    If I remember correctly MyQ once was Kyocera product. MyQ UI overlays Kyocera UI to deliver every capability at one touchpoint, so you won't need to use standard MFD UI for extra access. But PaperCut also has some awesome features like language selection via the Kyocera MFD UI, change print job settings (grayscale or color, number of copies, account charged and more).

Which one to choose is up to you and all comes down to your needs and in which environment (business, education, etc.) it will be used.

Hi,

It's always about what you expect from it. I am more experienced in MyQ and I'd say that specifically for Kyocera MyQ offers more than PC. There is deeper integration with Kyocera HyPAS offering some unique features like device spooling and offline login, which combined can serve as easy to configure failover solution.
    UI is highly customizable and can be personalized per user or department. For vast majority of features you do not need to switch to device native panel at all. There are also quite nice scan features incl. generation of meta data file for MDS workflows.

PC might have some unique server features too, if you can, test trial versions of both and make your own opinion

P.

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by printfreak View Post
    Hi,

It's always about what you expect from it. I am more experienced in MyQ and I'd say that specifically for Kyocera MyQ offers more than PC. There is deeper integration with Kyocera HyPAS offering some unique features like device spooling and offline login, which combined can serve as easy to configure failover solution.
    UI is highly customizable and can be personalized per user or department. For vast majority of features you do not need to switch to device native panel at all. There are also quite nice scan features incl. generation of meta data file for MDS workflows.

PC might have some unique server features too, if you can, test trial versions of both and make your own opinion

P.

The good thing about MyQ = customizable UI, easy to use and manage, wide range of reporting, uses less resources.
    There are so many varieties of Print Management Softwares in the market. Depending on the target sector where you want to position them.
    Aye! Cut the crap