Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Problem office 365 email

Ricoh mp 301 using go daddy mail server. I can send to my gmail account with no problems. Customer use office 365 for there email. When I send to their email it fails and get a reply back with code 550 from there server. They have a Ricoh mp161 and have no problems with email also using my go daddy mail server. Any help appreciate

Re: Problem office 365 email

Office365 only supports tls secure email or you need to setup a mail connector ie mail relay in Office 365

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Problem office 365 email

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    Ricoh mp 301 using go daddy mail server. I can send to my gmail account with no problems. Customer use office 365 for there email. When I send to their email it fails and get a reply back with code 550 from there server. They have a Ricoh mp161 and have no problems with email also using my go daddy mail server. Any help appreciate
    Are you trying to send using the customer's Office 365 as the SMTP server or are they just the final destination? If the latter, is there any additional information after the code 550 such as "email blocked" or "denied by policy"? Both might be corrected by having the customer white list the sender you are using. You may also want to contact Go Daddy ans ask why their server has been black listed by Office 365.

At end of message says there email address and block but what is weird is the mp 161 works and using go daddy mail server too.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Problem office 365 email

I always have trouble using office 365. The customer or their IT may have to help you and call Office 365 to get support so that it will send from Office 365 smtp server. Otherwise if its not a problem with the customer where the email is coming from you should be able to create a gmail or mail.com email and it will send. I use mail.com for a lot of the older machines that don't support TLS

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Problem office 365 email

Set up a SMTP2go account for the device. Use a domain that is not the one you are sending to eg your own domain.
    It's best practice to turn off smtp on Office365, and smap filtering will block a masked domain in office365 or an address that is not in the directory. If you have any questions on this pm. Me a we can Skype to discuss

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by clint@clintsimonsen.com View Post
    Set up a SMTP2go account for the device. Use a domain that is not the one you are sending to eg your own domain.
    It's best practice to turn off smtp on Office365, and smap filtering will block a masked domain in office365 or an address that is not in the directory. If you have any questions on this pm. Me a we can Skype to discuss

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
    Usually with Office365, the sender's name must be the same as the email address used for authentication. I think that will pop a 550.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Problem office 365 email

Quote Originally Posted by mremore View Post
    Usually with Office365, the sender's name must be the same as the email address used for authentication. I think that will pop a 550.
    There were a number of online email services that used to reject incoming emails when the sender's domain and the authentication domain did not match.

Problem office 365 email

Defects are simple, our mind is complicated